Blinker fuse blows when put in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bacon

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Blowing fuse only in reverse. I can quickly shift past it and I am fine. Just hoping somebody else has experienced this and could tell me if its a bad back up switch, short somewhere, or whatever. New to the forum so please take it easy if I posted in wrong section

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
The reverse lights are fed by the same fuse as the turn signals. Check the light green wire for the reverse lights for a short to ground somewhere. Start at the lights and work your way forward following the harness.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If what George suggested doesn't work, then check the blinker fluid. But yes, it's obviosly the Reverse light circuit causing the issue.

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
Start by removing BOTH back up light bulbs, shift to reverse and see if you still have the problem.

Bacon

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks, it was the green wire that connects to the neutral switch on the steering column. It had wiggled its way out of its connector.

TheGolem

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
If what George suggested doesn't work, then check the blinker fluid. But yes, it's obviosly the Reverse light circuit causing the issue.

I WAS GOING TO MAKE A BLINKER FLUID JOKE :( but to OP; yes, your reverse lights are blowing the fuse. you may have an exposed live wire touching steel somewhere (dead short). I had a similar issue, and this was the case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugRedC10