Ball Joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgasca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
1st off I searched the forum and found nothing on this. Google did come up with a lot of discussions but I'd rather get opinions from you peeps.

I'm in the market for ball joints. I've used Moog on my commuter, and I've heard good things about Moog on 4x4 trucks. Problem is Moog will run me over $120. AC Delco has all four for about $60.

Any and all opinions would be helpful!!

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
everyone swears by moog, but I buy the cheap stuf most times.

4x4 is ones that aint that easy and not something you want to do often, and the very cheap ones I've heard of issues with them not fitting or letting you get the nut on, but good raybestos or ac's worked fine.

honestly if it were me I'd run the cheaper ones.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Where are you getting your Moog parts? RockAuto.com had them for about half of what O'reilly's was charging...

They are also a vendor on the forum here, and usually have a 5% off coupon code.

jgasca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Where are you getting your Moog parts? RockAuto.com had them for about half of what O'reilly's was charging...

They are also a vendor on the forum here, and usually have a 5% off coupon code.

On RockAuto all four Moog ball joints were roughly $120.....maybe a bit less with the %5 off......Moog at O'reillys was about $10 more for each ball joint. I just went with the AC Delco, I hope I don't regret it, but hey they were about half price than Moog. I'll post the outcome

superbee70

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I just did the drivers side and you definitely don't want to do it twice. I'm as frugal as they come but I'll still pay more for high qyality suspension components. In the long run the price delta is negligible.

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I would go with the Moog. This is not a quick, easy project - its one that you will only want to do once. If your going to tear it all apart and go through the agony of changing them out, I would replace with the best parts you can. I changed out the adjuster nut, but I don't know if you really need to do that. It takes a special socket which is like $30.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I thought MOOG was made in U.S.A. but when I got them, they was made in china. FUUuuggg

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I thought MOOG was made in U.S.A. but when I got them, they was made in china. FUUuuggg

That sucks. All of my Moog parts were USA made, except for the bushings, which were Mexico.

As long as the quality control is still good, it probably doesn't matter, but I still much prefer USA made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello