Bad ground or wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Suggestion:

Disconnect the battery at the ground terminal.
Go through the truck EVERYWHERE and at each and every ground connection, one-by-one remove, clean, apply copper anti-seize grease, and reinstall.
Clean not just the connector but the part of the truck where it attaches. If the screw/nut that is holding it is rusty; replace it.

Make certain that you have a ground wire from the frame to the body AND to the engine.

You're going to have to get under the hood, under the front and back bumpers and under the dash just above the parking brake.

sdmartin1990

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Suggestion:

Disconnect the battery at the ground terminal.
Go through the truck EVERYWHERE and at each and every ground connection, one-by-one remove, clean, apply copper anti-seize grease, and reinstall.
Clean not just the connector but the part of the truck where it attaches. If the screw/nut that is holding it is rusty; replace it.

Make certain that you have a ground wire from the frame to the body AND to the engine.

You're going to have to get under the hood, under the front and back bumpers and under the dash just above the parking brake.
Thank you for all the information and support. I am planning to start early Saturday morning. I have the sandpaper ready. Just need the anit-seize. I definitely want it right and not have to worry about it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79