Are there any headlight adjusters that don't suck? Mine keep stripping.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
One by one, the original headlight adjusters (the white ones) on my 1986 have been crumbling and turning into powder, so I've been replacing them with these ones with black plastic inserts, which sometimes strip out the first time I try to adjust a headlight, leaving my lights crosseyed or looking at the ground. I reuse my old screws, as the ones that come with the new adjusters look pretty crude, and don't fit a #2 Phillips very well. I even had to carve on the last one with pocket knife to get it to snap into place. Am getting pretty tired of third world junk for parts, but it doesn't seem like that's gonna change anytime soon :mad:

I've seen green colored ones online... are those any better? Any sources for the original white ones? Anybody else having the same problems??

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I got the green colored ones and they are far above the junk ones you and I have experienced. I almost went to some Ford junk till I found the green ones, you can tell just looking at them, everything has twice the thickness of the junk ones. They've even lasted a few winters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising