Anyway to tell frames apart?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So my square i have found since I have had it home is a c10 body on a k?? chassis. I was told the axles were swapped in to the half ton frame. The rear is a 14bff and the front is a D44. Trying to figure out if they were really swapped in or if the whole chassis was a 3/4ton. Is there anyway to tell? Wasnt sure if frame heights or anything differed

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
as far as I know 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton frames are the same

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Apparently some 3/4 ton frames are a micrometer thicker than the 1/2 ton. They are identical frames though.

If you find that you have braces under the cab crossmember that attach to the bottom of the frame rails, then it is for sure a 3/4 ton. Not all 3/4 tons have this but the 1/2 tons absolutely did not.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Is the VIN stamp on the frame the full VIN or short VIN. If it's t he full VIN you could tell by reading the stamp.

Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
as far as I know 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton frames are the same

Well if they are the same then it doesn't matter lol especially with the heavier axles
Is the VIN stamp on the frame the full VIN or short VIN. If it's t he full VIN you could tell by reading the stamp.

No clue where its at and the frame is coated in spray bedliner so I doubt i could ever find it :gr_guns:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Well if they are the same then it doesn't matter lol especially with the heavier axles

No clue where its at and the frame is coated in spray bedliner so I doubt i could ever find it :gr_guns:

As long as you have no cracks or rust holes in your frame you can put any axle combo you want under it as long as your suspension is up to the task.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky