Any Houston Members do Differential work. Who wants to play with my rear end???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
LMMFAO!!! Ok title is just a joke,

I got a 87 10 bolt rear that pops when I turn. Pops so bad sounds like something is going to break.
Never does it going forward. Rear end mechanics are freakin $$$$$$$$$$. Just wow. So I thought
There might be a Houston Member that know how to do this kind of work for a down to earth price. :cheers:

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
So I had our Diesel tech do my truetrac Saturday (I prepped, he did math and measured clearances so I didn’t screw it up) , because I don’t trust myself to do it right and I’ve seen him rebuild some crazy stuff. He did a great job, and was pretty quick. I’m sure he’d do it but it’d probably be just as much as a normal shop due to dealership labor rate things.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
LMMFAO!!! Ok title is just a joke,

I got a 87 10 bolt rear that pops when I turn. Pops so bad sounds like something is going to break.
Never does it going forward. Rear end mechanics are freakin $$$$$$$$$$. Just wow. So I thought
There might be a Houston Member that know how to do this kind of work for a down to earth price. :cheers:
You know this probably won't involve any special tools or reshiming anything. If you use the same gears,the same carrier,and the same housing,it is literally take it apart and put it back together shimmed as before. You may have to make a housing spreader,other than that this isn't a tough job. Be sure to preheat the crosspin bolt before trying to loosen it. If you find broken teeth on ring and pinion don't remove the pinion gear,until I tell you how to make a simple go,no-go jig for setting pinion depth.We will need to use the old pinion gear in place to make the jig.