Anti theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size

TJ1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
The first one you posted looks good I'd still keep looking around,not buy the first one I saw. If you have an aftermarket stereo with on,off provisions for an amp,that can be your switch stereo on you have fuel,stereo off,no fuel.
Thanks.

I posted the wrong size in that link here is the 3/8 version

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Fuel cut off solenoid works on anything.
How does it work and is a kit available with installation instructions? What about having a GPS tracking device for our ride?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
It's simple when it has power it opens and allows fuel to flow,when it doesn't have power it doesn't let fuel flow. They may have some that default to open when no power but IDK. As for a kit,never looked for one, as a matter of fact you could just use a tank selector valve one inlett goes to the fuel pump the other inlet blocked closed. If you have dual tanks you could run with one tank dry select right tank,drive,select left tank,no fuel.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Okay, so install a normally open solenoid wired to a hidden toggle switch and when you leave the truck, just flip the switch and the valve closes? Will water, air, or diesel work with gasoline?

TJ1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Okay, so install a normally open solenoid wired to a hidden toggle switch and when you leave the truck, just flip the switch and the valve closes? Will water, air, or diesel work with gasoline?
The one linked that doesn't specify gasoline, I read through the comments and many have used it for gas with great success.

Yes, you'll need a toggle switch for it as well.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have found a valve that is manufactured by DC Electric which may work well for gasoline. I have submitted an inquiry to them and when I'm through, I'll let everyone know what I have found, hopefully by tomorrow.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This is a normally closed valve. Doesn't it seem best to have it normally open (not energized) and only close it with the hidden switch when you leave the truck? I park mine in a secure garage at home and would not have to close the valve.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
If you close it with the switch then it will being pulling power form your battery the entire time. How long will it take to kill the battery? Proably a while.
Normally closed will allow your battery to power the switch while the truck is running and alternator charging the battery.

Normally open would be better if the electronlcs go bad allowing you to be able to still drive the truck though.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I was actually thinking about this yesterday,normally closed would be better,no draw on the battery while the truck is sitting and the solenoid wouldn't have as hard of life,so less chance of failure. Normally closed its engaged 30 minutes a day while your driving. Normally closed its engaged 23.5 hour while you are not driving. As for failure if it fails you have to bypass it on the road,a piece of tubing that's it. Your ignition coil,ignition module,fuel pump,ignition switch etc.etc if they fail your stuck we don't worry about failure,we use good parts,and fix things as needed.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I was actually thinking about this yesterday,normally closed would be better,no draw on the battery while the truck is sitting and the solenoid wouldn't have as hard of life,so less chance of failure. Normally closed its engaged 30 minutes a day while your driving. Normally closed its engaged 23.5 hour while you are not driving. As for failure if it fails you have to bypass it on the road,a piece of tubing that's it. Your ignition coil,ignition module,fuel pump,ignition switch etc.etc if they fail your stuck we don't worry about failure,we use good parts,and fix things as needed.
My thoughts are the opposite. I would go for normally open and make the kill switch pull it closed with ignition switched power. You would end up with a kill switch that can only be active when ignition power is on(thus not killing your battery) and it would probably give it just enough gas flow to start and then almost immediately die.

Any failure would result in a failure of the system to kill the engine rather than a failure to allow the engine to run.

Conejo_K10

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
On my first SB Scottsdale I had round key hood locks, (rare now) and one was disguised as a kill switch. The switch cut the power to the HEI distributor. Also I installed plates in the doors to make it harder to use a slimjim.
However, today thief's are more suffocated and will likely tow the truck away if they really want it.
Now I park in my driveway with the front facing out, so they would have to drag it.
I was disappointed that the Custom Deluxe steering column won't accept the factory lock mechanism. Why wouldn't this be standard GM?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes