Another truck I like, and it's local!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
to me looks just like the one you sold except different color and little things, like body molding and crap.

you did buy it for less then you sold yours for right?

It should look like my old one, because it's the same year....:crazy:
I'll try to explain why I did what I did.....

My old one needed too much crap done to it ......cam/lifters...timing chain/gears..new wiring due to old brittle wiring which was causing the problems with everything working slow..my wipers would literally take 15 seconds to sweep across the windshield..the windows would literally take 25 seconds to go up..(could have been motors/tracks as well).the heater/defrost was non-existant due to heater core...Which isn't fun in the cold ass winter, especially picking up my little boy from school......oil leak on the back side of the motor..etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I could have spent the $3500 and POSSIBLY got everything fixed on the truck, (doubtful due to prices of parts/labor), but it would still be in primer...with a half-done interior...and unknown mileage on the motor/trans...
The new truck is at the level I wanted my old one to be MECHANICALLY , plus it's got great paint on it as well..There's only 5k on this motor combo and the interior just needs a few pieces to be finished up..

So, I sold my truck with all the listed problems for $2600...I am paying $3500 for the new one...IMO this is a better way to go...It makes really good sense when you sit down and write out costs of parts/labor....But, I'm doing what makes sense to me, and that's all that matters.............................

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:handshake:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
to me looks just like the one you sold except different color and little things, like body molding and crap.

you did buy it for less then you sold yours for right?

This appears to be much nicer than what he had...

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
:drool: you are making me salivate with the roll pan/cowl hood/painting talk!!! This truck is sweet!!! I'm definitely glad you sold your square now!! :D

Can I come down and visit your new purchase??? I promise not to get any drool spots on the truck. It'll all land on the floor or ground!!! :lol:

:roflbow::roflbow:....I think this truck will be more practical than the Sonoma..besides, I would be too scared to drive that nice of a truck on a daily basis anyways...I did it with my SS, and didn't like it at all. Too many pricks out there in the world that have no consideration for other peoples property......

And come on down!! I'll even fire up the grill and throw some flat-iron steaks on.......:drool:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
So now I'm drooling cuz of the truck and steaks????? :drool:

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
If you don't buy that I will have to drive all the way to Kansas, pick up old77 and drive to your house just to kick you in the sack.....so please, buy the truck lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
:lol: we'd hate for this to turn violent so you might wanna listen to GC on this :laughing1:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If you don't buy that I will have to drive all the way to Kansas, pick up old77 and drive to your house just to kick you in the sack.....so please, buy the truck lol.

:nutkick:....Point taken.......:wave:
I'm done stressing (again), so when federal gets back this week I'm picking it up, and not looking back.....:)

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well you know what works for you and all, and that's what matters. To me I have the " I can fix anything that's wrong with it MYSELF" attitude, so for me keeping what you had would have been better. Rebuild the motor, cost about $300 if no machine work other then a hone is needed, I rebuilt my 88 for that much, give or take a hundred, wiring, another story, windows, I hate power lol I would have swapped them out for manual. Heater core, $40 and about an hour if that work and it's done.

For you man since it seems you don't do it all yourself, you made a wise choice not putting the money into it, labor would indeed cost more then you paid for the new truck. if you do it yourself you save a ton. I don't blame you for not doing it, nor do I blame you for trading up, I was just curious. I guess I'm at fault mostly, for assuming everyone on these forums does all of their own work on everything. The only thing I have done is trans work, and that's going to change now, I do my own, and exhaust just because until now no welder, but no bender, everything else I do including paint and anything else.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
How do you know when your Fed check will arrive? Did you e-file and get a tracking number or something?? I haven't even gotten my w-2's yet!! :whymewhyme:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
well you know what works for you and all, and that's what matters. To me I have the " I can fix anything that's wrong with it MYSELF" attitude, so for me keeping what you had would have been better. Rebuild the motor, cost about $300 if no machine work other then a hone is needed, I rebuilt my 88 for that much, give or take a hundred, wiring, another story, windows, I hate power lol I would have swapped them out for manual. Heater core, $40 and about an hour if that work and it's done.

For you man since it seems you don't do it all yourself, you made a wise choice not putting the money into it, labor would indeed cost more then you paid for the new truck. if you do it yourself you save a ton. I don't blame you for not doing it, nor do I blame you for trading up, I was just curious. I guess I'm at fault mostly, for assuming everyone on these forums does all of their own work on everything. The only thing I have done is trans work, and that's going to change now, I do my own, and exhaust just because until now no welder, but no bender, everything else I do including paint and anything else.

I totally hear what you are saying......and at one point in my life I did do everything myself. But, I had all the proper tools...a decent place to do it in...time...etc. etc. I had shoulder surgery approximately 4 months ago, probably due to all of the **** that I used to "do myself"...throwing trannys..lifting heavy ****..straining my back trying to hold a bolt with one arm while twisting the other arm around to reach up and tighten the bastard...I spent many years working on my own ****, ( the **** that I had knowledge of doing), and yes it is cheaper......But, your body can only take so much abuse in life, and there is a time when you have to realize that you need to "slow down"....Trust me, there's nothing I like better than to spend the weekend wrenching on a project........

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
How do you know when your Fed check will arrive? Did you e-file and get a tracking number or something?? I haven't even gotten my w-2's yet!! :whymewhyme:

My wife has done our taxes every year, for the last 8 yrs and she does everything online...she doesn't need our w-2's to figure the taxes....:)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size