Ampmeter connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I finished the engine compartment part of the install and put the 3/8" corrigate on the amp. gauge wires.
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey, putting the sealant onto this grommet was harder than first look. I had to hold it in my left hand and peer down at the spot to be gooped out the corner of my eye, around the wiper motor. Yeah, yeah excuses, excuses. I'll clean it up after it dries.
I guess it doesn't look to cluttered? I could have put bigger Adel clamps on it all but I agree with @DoubleDingo that if something goes wrong I don't want it to anchored to the firewall. As it is now I have the 3/8" conduit just zip tied to the bigger corrigate. And besides Adel's that big would draw to much attention. People would be wondering, "What the heck is in those big wires?"
I think I'll see about closing up some more of those wires. It doesn't look cool anymore. Now there's to many wires. As long as there were the few original wires it was alright. But with these other big wires added to it now, some of them need to be covered back to the original look. See. it's hot rodding. It's all about looks. There reaches a point where it now looks cluttered, to much. You can get away with some, but a little more crosses the line between cool and, Eck!
And a bit of house keeping. This Teflon covered Adel securing the Alt. wires on the intake needed to be put back on the EGR block off plate.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Looks good!