Amplified Subwoofer in one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunMan9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ya I have thought about a bazooka tube as well but they may be to bulky for behind the seat

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That's it I could not remember the name of it.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
id put a lot more emphasis on the enclosure and sub than the power.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
id put a lot more emphasis on the enclosure and sub than the power.

Agreed^. A great sub and amp can sound like crap with the wrong box(or a poorly made box). I ran 2 top of the line MTX subs years ago in a box that I knew was too big for them, off an entry level Pioneer amplifier and their performance was less than stellar. I always just attributed it to the cheap amp. When I finally got around to building a proper sub box, WOW, what a difference. :headbang:

tanz45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I skimmed the thread.....

Start with good components first and a good head unit. Be surprised what what bass can be accomplished with out a sub.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
DOn't get me started on 1400 watt claims being BS.. The real measure of just how many WATTS it can drive is, what size fuse doe is have, what gauge wire do they reccomend.

Volts * Amps = Watts. Think about whether a 30 amp fuse on a 12 volt system would be able to flow 1400 watts. (in case you don't wanna do the math, max output wattage is 360, not accounting for any resistance loss) Also, consider the gauge of wire you'd need to flow 1400watts @ 12 volts. The battery can usually flow 800 cranking amps to the starter, and look at the wire thickness there. That is about half the wattage flowing than the claim of this amp. It is as real as math, nothing hand wavy about it.

I can print you up a label that says 5,000 gigawatts, and it won't change the reality.

I think I posted a link a while ago sowing how many of these manufacturers put wieghts in their amps and relabel them claiming hundreds and even thousands of watts, when they aren't any different than their 30 Watt amps they sell.

A TRUE 100 Watt amp in the cab of a pick up could possibly make your ears bleed.

All that said, maybe this amp/speaker combo will sound just fine, especially in the cab of a pick up, but I bet one could get a bit nicer stuff for cheaper, if they don't worry about the 1400watts sticker.

Yeah, I had a friend with a Punch 45 and a Precision Power 40w amp pushing 4 Kicker 15's. That 85-watts would hit hard/low enough to alter your heartbeart and breathing patterns! Ridiculous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD