Airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Btw. I am always game for a project truck and I have beer.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I installed my air tank and two compressors in the bed of my truck, rather than underneath...simply due to ease of access. I wouldn't recommend getting a steel tank at all since you live in a cold wet climate. Rust sucks, buy aluminum. As far as moisture, be sure to buy a moisture seperator or air dryer. Install the dryer between the compressor and the tank or tanks . Even though its hot and relatively dry here in Az. I drain the tank once a month or more during th more humid summer months when we do get rain.

I agree with what he says here except the dryer location. Put the dryer after the tank before the valves. Moisture will accumulate in the tank even after you run it through a dryer. It better protects the valves if you have it plumbed in right before the air gets to them. All my stuff is at the rear under the bed.

You must be registered for see images attach

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Btw. I am always game for a project truck and I have beer.
Lol..im going to give that guy a call tomorrow and see what way he steers me for my needs...hopefully I wont hafta call my financial advisor after that!

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Man i like that all tucked away, we got **** roads here, lots of oilfield traffic, I'd be worried of gunking up something if I did underneath mounting..it is super clean tho

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Man i like that all tucked away, we got **** roads here, lots of oilfield traffic, I'd be worried of gunking up something if I did underneath mounting..it is super clean tho

You could just build a cover/guard over the parts you're worried about. I still need to build something to cover the compressors some but I havent been super worried about it. A friend of mine has had his in the same location as mine for several years now with no issues.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
I agree with what he says here except the dryer location. Put the dryer after the tank before the valves. Moisture will accumulate in the tank even after you run it through a dryer. It better protects the valves if you have it plumbed in right before the air gets to them. All my stuff is at the rear under the bed.

Lol...that's what I meant to type...after the tank to protect the valves...and of course drain the tank frequently.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
I never liked the idea of running my compressors under the bed. We have too many rocks and other debris on our roads to risk damaging the equipment. In order to keep all of the parts clean (because also display them at shows)....I, like others put them in the bed. IIt's all up to the end user though.

Be sure that you use dot rated air lines too...at minimum 3/8" dia. Trust me, you don't want a line burst when driv7ng down the road.......been there and done that. It's not fun. I alo recommend having some extra line fittings, extra hose and a schrader valve handy as a just in case scenario. If you lose a compressor at least youmhave an extra way to air up the system. Extra airline fittings can come in handy if you have to splice in and repair a broken line. Its better to be prepared and never use the spares, then sitting on the side of the road waiting for help.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I never liked the idea of running my compressors under the bed. We have too many rocks and other debris on our roads to risk damaging the equipment. In order to keep all of the parts clean (because also display them at shows)....I, like others put them in the bed. IIt's all up to the end user though.

Be sure that you use dot rated air lines too...at minimum 3/8" dia. Trust me, you don't want a line burst when driv7ng down the road.......been there and done that. It's not fun. I alo recommend having some extra line fittings, extra hose and a schrader valve handy as a just in case scenario. If you lose a compressor at least youmhave an extra way to air up the system. Extra airline fittings can come in handy if you have to splice in and repair a broken line. Its better to be prepared and never use the spares, then sitting on the side of the road waiting for help.
I guess a good sized armadillo could do some damage.....on this side of the world the critters are a bit softer, except for the occasional turtle. Lol

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Mmmm..turtle....yummy. I wish I had the old Pennsylvania dutch recipe for snapping turtle...and snapping turtles.

I have hit 3 coyotes, 1 javelina and multiple cats. I felt bad about everything except the cats.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Mmmm..turtle....yummy. I wish I had the old Pennsylvania dutch recipe for snapping turtle...and snapping turtles.

I have hit 3 coyotes, 1 javelina and multiple cats. I felt bad about everything except the cats.
I had 2 snapping turtles as pets. Crunchy and Chewy. Pics are on my dead phone. :( I turned them loose this past summer. I found them in my back yard the were the size of a silver dollar. They were 14” across when I let them go in a nearby lake. Nasty bastards they were hissing and trying to bite all the time. I fed them goldfish and mice. And what in the hell is a javelina?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
You shop is well lit... and a mess.

haha, you don't even want to see the condition of my joint! full of lumber. all the poor cars are outside.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
I had 2 snapping turtles as pets. Crunchy and Chewy. Pics are on my dead phone. :( I turned them loose this past summer. I found them in my back yard the were the size of a silver dollar. They were 14” across when I let them go in a nearby lake. Nasty bastards they were hissing and trying to bite all the time. I fed them goldfish and mice. And what in the hell is a javelina?
Some people refer to them as wild pigs, but they are related closer to rodents. They about 30-40 lbs, wirey hair, sharp teeth, blind as a bat, but have an excellent sense of smell. They are herbivores and eat cactus and **** all over the place.

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Those damn things can be mean too, we came across some in Laredo visiting family as a kid and we were told to run lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Some people refer to them as wild pigs, but they are related closer to rodents. They about 30-40 lbs, wirey hair, sharp teeth, blind as a bat, but have an excellent sense of smell. They are herbivores and eat cactus and **** all over the place.
That description reminds me of these
but now I see what they are kinda looks like a pig and an opossum had babies

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yep...that a Javelina...mean bastards too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL