Airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
That’s why he bitches at every one he don’t have one. So he thinks we all abuse them and take them for granted.

I haven't done a good cleaning an throw out in a year or maybe two. Its on my list for spring time along with cleaning up my storage building. Now that's really mess

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I haven't done a good cleaning an throw out in a year or maybe two. Its on my list for spring time along with cleaning up my storage building. Now that's really mess
I started cleaning Saturday but got sidetracked and ended up making a few parts. I need to figure out what I’m doing with the 89 so I can have the space back it’s hogging up.

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks! This is my notch, it looks a little different because some of the other suspension parts key off it but as far as cutting its no more than a regular c-notch you'd do for a flip kit.

You must be registered for see images attach
Is that set up you have in a kit or did u fab it yourself??

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Its bolted to the arm, pretty much the standard practice for trailing arms on air as far as I know. Its just a cruiser but I do drive it aggressively every so often and I've never had that problem.

Like most everyone no matter how big the shop I have to much stuff. I'm just glad I have somewhere inside to work on it out of the elements.
Yeah I guess with a truck so low there's not a lot of body roll. I was thinking big trucks... duh.
I noticed today my flux core mig wire sticking because it's got rust on it. It's been mild, still snowing but 3-4C above.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
That setup (trailing arm) aka "Texas 2 link" ...its a basic setup and good for cruising but if you want a big block or plan on road cruising a four link is the only way to go.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thanks! This is my notch, it looks a little different because some of the other suspension parts key off it but as far as cutting its no more than a regular c-notch you'd do for a flip kit.

Why the spacers/adapters?

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Is that set up you have in a kit or did u fab it yourself??

Its a trailing arm (like a 63-72) conversion from porterbuilt. Don't buy it, it was a nightmare to install. Actually I dont think they offer it anymore.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
That setup (trailing arm) aka "Texas 2 link" ...its a basic setup and good for cruising but if you want a big block or plan on road cruising a four link is the only way to go.

See above, its a little different from a regular two link. Basically the same setup used in NASCAR. It handles great...

The adapters are needed for the camaro wheels.

Last edited:

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
How yours sits is what I'm looking for, thanks for the info now time to slowly buy parts and hope the wife dont catch me

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Also couple more questions...where do you guys mount tank and compressors? Room underneath or better to build box for them in bed, or possibly mounted in a tool box?? And with really cold weather do they have any petcock to purge air for moisture? How do they hold up in winter, here in Ok it can go from 60 to 0 in a day, just curious

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
I installed my air tank and two compressors in the bed of my truck, rather than underneath...simply due to ease of access. I wouldn't recommend getting a steel tank at all since you live in a cold wet climate. Rust sucks, buy aluminum. As far as moisture, be sure to buy a moisture seperator or air dryer. Install the dryer between the compressor and the tank or tanks . Even though its hot and relatively dry here in Az. I drain the tank once a month or more during th more humid summer months when we do get rain.

Here is a pic of my tank/compressor setup. I also included a very tough to see four link as well ( i dont have a lift and truck when air is dumped lays the front crossmember on the ground).

twin viair stealth compressors and a single 5 gallon aluminum AccuAir tank (with the valves inside the tank)

Last edited:

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Four link...

I fabricated my own bridge for the rear and the bags are mounted between the bridge and on top of the rear axle.

I was able to use my stock shocks, but I did relocate the upper front shock mounts (I took measurements with the bags deflated prior to relocating the upper mounts). The rear shock mounts remained the same, but I did make my own lower rear shock mounts to allow for more rear end suspension travel (once again with the rear bags deflated). Typically bagged trucks will not air up high enough to go back to the stock ride height, so adjustments have to be made after the bags are configured and installed.

Last edited:

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Front end...

That is the oem crossmember, not a drop crossmember.

And yes...the front end is aligned (I have a dual needle air pressure gauge mounted in the ash tray) at ride height...depends on what height you want, take note of the psi reading on the gauge and have it aligned at that pressure. With both front bags inflated to the pre determined psi, it will be in alignment at that psi when driving.

Last edited:

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Man that's awesome, I'll be dropping off my truck this weeked, what's your addess again?? Lol, man I appreciate all the info, gives me some ideas on what I will be getting into...just gotta start buying parts

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
E="bluex, post: 392824, member: 3729"]Its a trailing arm (like a 63-72) conversion from porterbuilt. Don't buy it, it was a nightmare to install. Actually I dont think they offer it anymore.[/QUOTE]
Youre
Man that's awesome, I'll be dropping off my truck this weeked, what's your addess again?? Lol, man I appreciate all the info, gives me some ideas on what I will be getting into...just gotta start buying parts

Contact Switch Suspension. They will tell you exactly what you need. They not only sell parts, but build awesome setups.

Tell them Steve sent ya!!

Talk to Tom...480-447-1763 ...or Seth (the owner)

Www.switchsuspension.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400