Air horn came in yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
As I'm getting it closer to passing the safety inspection and get plates and tags I needed a horn. So I got this one and wanna try and get it working this weekend.

Ok. So I'm really not to good with wiring unless it's a sound system. Yeah, I don't know why. Anyway I was reading the diagram and it's pretty straight forward with the exception that it didn't come with a button. I thought it would but, they want you to use your old horn button.

So the question I have is they say blue wire goes to original horn wire. I don't know what wire that is. When I lifted up the button on the steering wheel it was yellow but, I can't seem to find it under the dash.

Here's a pic of diagram

You must be registered for see images attach

I was thinking of the bottom pic way would be easier. Would it be better to go get a button to use?

Any help would be appreciated because I'm not that good at this.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The horn wire’s green and would normally run to the core support. Is there nothing there on yours? That’s what will go to the blue wire and therefore the no. 85 relay pin to act as the signal.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Under the dash it’s a black ground wire.
under the hood it’s a green wire. depending on where you tap in depends where on that relay you’ll want to wire it

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
The horn wire’s green and would normally run to the core support. Is there nothing there on yours? That’s what will go to the blue wire and therefore the no. 85 relay pin to act as the signal.

Yes nothing there. Not even a horn mounted in the grille.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
........ with the exception that it didn't come with a button. I thought it would but, they want you to use your old horn button.

I was thinking of the bottom pic way would be easier. Would it be better to go get a button to use?

Any help would be appreciated because I'm not that good at this.

Local parts house will have a horn button. Example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horn-Butto...ash=item1eaa5547dc:g:BgQAAOxyDgRQ-3Fs&vxp=mtr

If you wanted to go a little fancy, but more wires to get through:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Laser...Lv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay