Air bag suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83_c10

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Okay before I have said I am thinking of doing a static drop but now that I have a job finally lol, I am leaning more towards a full air ride suspension. I have worked with air ride suspensions on Semis. What I am wondering the most about having this kind of suspension is will my long tube headers hit the ground? If I get a custom front end wouldn't it raise the engine up a couple inch's? I know I will have to move the gas tanks and probably notch the bed and frame. Also take out the front tubs. And probably move the battery to the back also. Yeah I am thinking of laying frame. The whole system all added up would be close to 3,000 or more but damn I love air ride. Also I just thought of this I would have to probably raise up the cab floor huh. Also the bed floor too. Hmmm, would be if I want the rockers to lay flat out. For now I am thinking I'll go with the kit they have at brothers. It's cheaper. I will probably have to notch the frame but save the bed for later.

Has anyone used the brothers air bag systems? If so how well do you like them? I plan to run 24" rims on my truck. I am sure will have to make custom front wheel wells as well as the same in the back. But for now I should be fine don't you think?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
You will need shorty headers if your going to lay frame.

83_c10

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's what I thought. Still going to lower her though. I am shooting for a classic look but with modern twists. Nice and clean. Pretty much a sweet cruiser/daily. Leave the high performance stuff for later in the build.

aba69x

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
r1500
Engine Size
Who is brothers? Ans is there a bolt on air bag kit?

SHILOW

Reaction score
First Name
D
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

lucasoil4u

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
454ci
I want to do full air ride but i have custom exhaust i paid a lot of money for. just gonna do a static drop

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
Okay before I have said I am thinking of doing a static drop but now that I have a job finally lol, I am leaning more towards a full air ride suspension. I have worked with air ride suspensions on Semis. What I am wondering the most about having this kind of suspension is will my long tube headers hit the ground? If I get a custom front end wouldn't it raise the engine up a couple inch's? I know I will have to move the gas tanks and probably notch the bed and frame. Also take out the front tubs. And probably move the battery to the back also. Yeah I am thinking of laying frame. The whole system all added up would be close to 3,000 or more but damn I love air ride. Also I just thought of this I would have to probably raise up the cab floor huh. Also the bed floor too. Hmmm, would be if I want the rockers to lay flat out. For now I am thinking I'll go with the kit they have at brothers. It's cheaper. I will probably have to notch the frame but save the bed for later.

Has anyone used the brothers air bag systems? If so how well do you like them? I plan to run 24" rims on my truck. I am sure will have to make custom front wheel wells as well as the same in the back. But for now I should be fine don't you think?
I'm bring back the dead Air bag threads... :) Any progress??? I just got an 82, lookin for inspiration. Figured I'd look through all the old ones before I started a new one.

GO-N-BRK_84

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
400ci
Mine is sitting on 20" wheels and to go any bigger I would need to modify the heater box and/or have control arms that shorten the track and move wheels forward an inch?

Am I missing something? Is there another way to squeeze 22 or 24" wheels in there?

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
You have my attention as I want to run 22s or 24s as well.

Factory wheel wells will be gone and or rebuilt for sure.

Now that you mention it, I seen a set of custom A-Arms that moved the wheels in and fwd an inch...

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You have my attention as I want to run 22s or 24s as well.

Factory wheel wells will be gone and or rebuilt for sure.

Now that you mention it, I seen a set of custom A-Arms that moved the wheels in and fwd an inch...
You can get those from Porterbuilt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84