AC wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Ok here we go... my 84 gmc had a engine fire everything burned uo (wires hoses ect ) ive replaced 90 % (i think ) now im starting to think about AC wires. i have a diagram but i do not under stand 80% of what is there ( they dont put this in english for dummies IE pics of it all )
I have enclosed a diagram from a book that i have obtained here. there is one area i just dont get. everything else i can kinda cobble together.
now the wires under the dash are ok just everything under the hood is toast as in burnt crispy. a pic so you can see what im dealing with....

Attachments

• AC.jpg
    AC.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 28
  • 9-29-2023 (1) (20).jpg
    9-29-2023 (1) (20).jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 27

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
ive got most figgered out but i do not know where 64---66 wires go to....
Do they go to switch pins 3--2---1 ?????
I have to rewire this all (IE make my own harness )
SOMEBODY HAS TO KNOW SOMETHING..........???
I just cant believe nobody has every built there own harnesses .........

Attachments

• color ac.jpg
    color ac.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 20

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
One thing that is not in the wiring diagram that I can see is a diode. The positive wire to the compressor clutch should have the diode.

This is to protect the relay. What happens when you shut off the current to the electro-magnet clutch, the magnetic field collapses. Without the diode, this induces higher current flow backwards to the on/off relay. This higher current can burn up the points on the relay/switch.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
HUMMM ill have to research this diode thing.. I didnt see it in any of the schematics ....
apparently that 64/66/50 is a plug in to connect to something....(switch maybe )
I do remember reading about this diode here in one of the forums post............about getting one from auto parts store something??
Im still gathering parts for my AC in my truck ...

Attachments

• AC.jpg
    AC.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia