Ac blower wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcrupe

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a 1982 Silverado c10 ac truck with no functioning blower. I don’t have power to brown wire 50 at the selector switch. I have traced the wire and it was hooked up to the trans lick down switch on the throttle pedal for some reason. Any who. Where is this wire supposed to hook to get power. I know the wiring diagram says something about instrument fuse feed or what ever but where is this on the actual truck? The wire isn’t long enough to reach the fuse panel and I don’t see where I believe it should connect. I can back feed power with my power probe and everything else works as I have already replaced the resistor and checked relay function.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The low speeds run through the switch and the resistor pack, but the high speed uses the blower relay under the hood. If it’s on high speed the power comes directly from the power junction next to the brake booster and there should be an inline fuse in the wire running from there to the blower motor. Mine was the old barrel fuse holder and it drew so much power that it melted the holder. I swapped in a new 30 amp blade fuse holder and it’s been fine since.

bcrupe

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Right I understand all of that and like I said all of that is working. I am wondering where the supply power wire to the switch panel plugs in under the dash because it’s not connected to anything right now and I’m not real sure where it connects into the instrument harness that the wiring diagram shows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84