AC gauge readings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
:Frustrated:When I rebuilt my 84 dually a few years ago I replace the entire ac system with new or reman parts. Had some hoses made up to mate the 2004 81L ac compressor to the 84 system. Worked good but the new hoses had a leak and would lose the Freon(R134) over a few days to a couple weeks. Has been sitting and not getting used much since buying a motorhome with out any feon in it. Decided to fix it and had new hoses made up. Found the orifice tube plugged. Cleaned out evaporator and condenser(didn't have much come out). Pulled a vacuum(got to 20in). Live at 4300 ft. went to put Freon in and jumped the sensor and both sides went to about 85 psi and stayed. No take any Freon. Compressor is running but a bit noisy. Anybody has this problem? Bad compressor? plugged up somewhere? Thanks for any info.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Did you replace the dryer? How long was the vacuum held?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The compressor isn't pumping the refrigerant. If there was plugged the high side would be sky high and low start to go negative.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
Held vacuum for about 30 min before i put the Freon in. with the junk in the orifice tube I expect a bad compressor. Wasn't any indication of it being bad last it was used.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Agree with 350runner, but was wondering on what caused the failure.

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
Not sure where the compressor came from. Need to look up records. Think it came from NAPA. Have had to return a couple in the past. Compressor is a HT6. Got a used one from another engine. Going to put it on and try it. Was holding some pressure when I took the hoses of a couple days ago.

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
Don't know how or why but looks like the compressor is bad. Installed one off another vehicle and it charged right up. As long as the new hoses don't leak I should be good to go(for awhile as least) Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood