'93 W/T 1500 (Surprise, surprise, Bucket acquired another truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
You're not the only one. The 1 pic of Andy cutting circles in the field has been passed around on instagram more than some people that are actually ON instagram. Cob and I have tried whenever someone posts it to send them here to @bucket for more info.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You're not the only one. The 1 pic of Andy cutting circles in the field has been passed around on instagram more than some people that are actually ON instagram. Cob and I have tried whenever someone posts it to send them here to @bucket for more info.

Lol, it's still showing up on there? Cob pointed that out to me once... but it's been years.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Lol, it's still showing up on there? Cob pointed that out to me once... but it's been years.
Yes, it starts recirculating from time to time. :)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well today I lengthened the slave pushrod about 3/8 of an inch. It didn't change anything.

I noticed when I had the slave removed, the throwout fork really didn't have much room for additional travel before it would contact the bellhousing. Also, when installing the clutch slave, the pushrod doesn't actually make contact with the fork until after the mounting studs are started into the bellhousing. It's been a long time, but I don't think that's right. From what I remember, the pushrod should contact the fork LONG before you have to get the mounting studs into the bellhousing.

I ordered a clutch kit today from Napa, but forgot to go pick it up this afternoon. I'll get it tomorrow... not like I was going to get it installed tonight anyway, lol.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Well today I lengthened the slave pushrod about 3/8 of an inch. It didn't change anything.

I noticed when I had the slave removed, the throwout fork really didn't have much room for additional travel before it would contact the bellhousing. Also, when installing the clutch slave, the pushrod doesn't actually make contact with the fork until after the mounting studs are started into the bellhousing. It's been a long time, but I don't think that's right. From what I remember, the pushrod should contact the fork LONG before you have to get the mounting studs into the bellhousing.

I ordered a clutch kit today from Napa, but forgot to go pick it up this afternoon. I'll get it tomorrow... not like I was going to get it installed tonight anyway, lol.
last time I did that autozone sent my 3 day shipped in fan clutch back because I wasnt there the late night it showed up... i was there at like 8am the next day even

Its a piece of **** fan clutch too lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8