'93 W/T 1500 (Surprise, surprise, Bucket acquired another truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got another one going into the fleet. This one is coming from my neighbor who bought it 20 years ago. Only has 100k on it. 4.3 v6 and 5 speed trans, almost no rust. Unfortunately, it was hit when parked a while back and it clobbered the bedside.

You must be registered for see images attach

No big plans for this one. Just maintain it and teach the kids to drive a manual trans with it. Probably will repaint the grille and front bumper... maybe, just maybe, repair the bedside too.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I think this calls for celebration and of course you use it how you would like, but I have some thoughts:
pound out that bedside so its close to original shape and the tail light will sit proper and not hit the tailgate(I forget if they have body between that and the tailgate or if it sits flush against) but some nice new LED taillights with nice reverse lights. Cheap and affordable and they looked good on my.. my gmt 400 lol my dad never even punched them out either surprisingly. (he punched the original on driver side out with a cement trowel machine lol). get some bushings for the tailgate because it probably rattles hopefully not worn. but they bolt on those years not weld thankfully i think. Prob want to replace those handle plastic bushings in the tailgate that apparently dont like to stay working. is that bed liner just set in? I would pop it up and just make sure no money surprises underneath. because have liner, maybe pre-emptively install a trap door over the gas tank if you want to make it trouble free. smooth sailing.

All those tires a match, not visual trickery deceiving my eyes i hope. If you ever find or have the opportunity, I think leaving a good pair on the back and putting front HT tread tires on would be a good idea, and then when kids get to driving age use the truck with nothing in the bed on some slush or snow and teach em about understeer and corrections with an un-ideal setup like that, because if you can handle hard situations, normal ones that many people cant handle even yet become a breeze. What kind of rear ratio, LS at all? If its ass and not, then this is the perfect economy cruiser to build as a heritage for the kids because there will be this benign no thrills "modern" truck but it doesnt hold your hand either. RABS In this thing? Honestly if its not working perfect atm you may be better off making it a normal setup because those kelsey hayes RABS units are gonna get older and older and they arent complex but sitting and age and the integration electronics are bound for less life. FORD rabs **** is aging like a bad joke lol.

Then, interior. Nice vacuum and maybe some tree air freshner. For the ambiance. Does it have AC? It looks like it maybe dont?
at least it has the add on cupholder in there like god intended. I would buy this stuff called "fabric water prottector" has a plaid can, i forget where i found it but it is an elastomer spray or something I Think, and if you dont vacuum the truck seat again it will last a long time before needing reup, and all Im gonna say is those seat materials seem to love water and I got a lot out of mine just from using the truck once in a while during rain and coat or clothes dampen it but it didnt seem to dry right. I put this stuff on the f150 seat and it stays cleaner keeps my clothes cleaner (no dust since vac) and the water proofer just helps and it smells better. Then of course, clean the windows on the inside nice so no glare at night and the like. Get yourself a wide angle clip on for that rearview, that back window + the wide angle will be god send. barely will need side mirrors. They can be pushed out to blind spots if you are able to cover most with the rearview wide angle. COndition all the door rubber with a cleaning with soap and water and get some silicone and work it onto those seals. probaly arent torn anywhere even!? The seals will stay good just with one love coat with silicone grease.

Get some ditch light brackets that go up by the a pillar and use the hood mounting to fasten, and you can put a couple pod lights on and put them to a switch. Now the truck no matter your headlight choice will be a comfort to drive at night with deer anywhere and everywhere.

I would also confirm the windshield moulding / seal is seated and no gaps or skips so you dont have a cowl rust out in the distant future. You mentioned beautify the front. If your kids be old enough, id go over buffing out the plastics to make clear again, a good life lesson. If applicable of course. If there is a daughter you can probably get away with a flamboyant color on the grille plastic like a plastidip bright ass green or something. (joking)
Then your bumper, its pretty ugly but its solid it appears. You could probably rust covert with POR and top coat to get that OK right?
of course make sure the mechanical is all chip chop. if it dont have a receiver Maybe ditch the bumper for a custom setup with convenience tow hooks and a step etc etc...

I dont know if this truck will take a place of "fetching" things that a simple large bed is the desire rather than capacity or towing, like lets say you bought a predator engine and wanna bring it home that stuff. If so, one of those swing out cranes on the bedside that was smashed if its sound would be wicked helpful for those things or even swing out toolbox that doesnt diminish your bed space much.

If i seem way more excited about your truck than you do thats because im bored and I was like Wow that would be great for " "

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Why do people put 4x4 stickers on a 2x4? Seems to be an Ohio thing, we don't do that in Texas. Squarebody wheels look good on a GMT-400. And damn that is clean. Hell, I watched those rust sitting on the lot at Boose Chevrolet.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Why do people put 4x4 stickers on a 2x4? Seems to be an Ohio thing, we don't do that in Texas. Squarebody wheels look good on a GMT-400. And damn that is clean. Hell, I watched those rust sitting on the lot at Boose Chevrolet.
I should put cummins badge on my ford and a Silverado 20 Decal on the front fender and put a Ram logo on the window and flex fuel on the tail gate and 6.5Litre on the rear of bedside from the grand am, and Maybe stick an oldsmobile badge or logo or pontiac badge on the tailgate too. OH and cant forget a sierra classic 25 on the other fender just to be all over. Oh and those dumb "headlight scar" stickers. Ill find a way to incorpoate a monster eneergy drink logo somewhere and a big ol 4x4 decal somewhere too.

It would be everything the truck is not LOL

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I don't know, but yeah it seems to be an Ohio thing for some reason. My neighbor put them on when he got the truck, along with the pinstripes, the wheels, bug deflector and aftermarket stereo. The truck has been garaged about 75% of it's life.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I put about 70 miles on it today, it did good, as long as I didn't get on the brakes too much. If I did, the RF would drag badly for a mile or so. A caliper and hose will be needed before teaching anyone how to drive it.

I also used the truck to pick up a show bar that will soon be installed in my crew cab.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Good a acquisition for learning to drive. Exactly why I have my s10 :)

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
I put about 70 miles on it today, it did good, as long as I didn't get on the brakes too much. If I did, the RF would drag badly for a mile or so. A caliper and hose will be needed before teaching anyone how to drive it.

I also used the truck to pick up a show bar that will soon be installed in my crew cab.
Nice truck, minus the 4x4 thing. How about the rest of that remuda, that your?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Nice truck, minus the 4x4 thing. How about the rest of that remuda, that your?

I thought it was funny, a few of the younger guys I work with thought is was a 4x4 like the stickers claim. Remuda? The Torino? It's a '76 I believe, owned by a coworker. Another coworker owns the C10 behind that.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
I thought it was funny, a few of the younger guys I work with thought is was a 4x4 like the stickers claim. Remuda? The Torino? It's a '76 I believe, owned by a coworker. Another coworker owns the C10 behind that.
Guess I was talking Texas. Remuda is a group/string of riding horses.
Cool vehicles. Good on the young guys. Ya'll shouldn't be misleading the fellers with false stickers, lol.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Nice truck and show bar! let me know if ya don't want the lights on it. ;)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
No more surface rusted front bumper either. Grille still looks bad though.

That paint did not look like the color of the can cap at all. It was supposed to be darker like the grille.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128