92 S10 Short Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Good work sir.
My first car was a 1982 S-15 Seirra Classic with all the old guy options.
Some days I want another one, but then I remember I have my square and that feeling goes away.

I wanted another square C10, but couldn't find one in my price range.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Running better every time I crank and let it run. So far a new fuel tank, fuel pump and sending unit, water pump and getting ready to put spark plugs in it. Bought new door hing pins for the drivers side.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My outside door handle has been half broken for months, now my inside one wont engage to open the door. I gotta roll the window down n fight with the outside one.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
My outside door handle has been half broken for months, now my inside one wont engage to open the door. I gotta roll the window down n fight with the outside one.
I've had Kooper's inside door panels off and on about 4 times now. First to put on new plastic clips to hold the window in place, next to change them with "better" ones,3rd time to put new push pins to hold the panels to the inside of the door and the last time to put new door lock cylinders in. I'm experienced!!! This is in addition to the slot mags, changing the 5 speed with a new clutch, different cluster plus a thorough cleaning. Runs pretty good, he's driving it to school and all over. NO tunes , yet so that kinda sucks, but he's a happy kid!!! Will try to post pics later. William and Ted, what are you guys running for engines?

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I've had Kooper's inside door panels off and on about 4 times now. First to put on new plastic clips to hold the window in place, next to change them with "better" ones,3rd time to put new push pins to hold the panels to the inside of the door and the last time to put new door lock cylinders in. I'm experienced!!! This is in addition to the slot mags, changing the 5 speed with a new clutch, different cluster plus a thorough cleaning. Runs pretty good, he's driving it to school and all over. NO tunes , yet so that kinda sucks, but he's a happy kid!!! Will try to post pics later. William and Ted, what are you guys running for engines?

Mines a 4.3/5spd.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Stock 4.3L/700R4 with 166k miles

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
New spark plugs, running better, drivers door hinges fixed, door now shuts like it should, a few more things to fix like replacing parking brake release handle, wiper switch, and fix the drivers window. Getting there. Working between the 85 C10 and the 92 S10.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I tore the door panel off the truck, broke every retaining clip! Inner door handle isnt broke... i sprayed it to the high hell with pb blaster and it works fine. I get home a bit ago and it wont open again! Wtf! :mad: well i left the panel off so when i get new clips and a new outside handle i dont gotta pull it off again. Also yanked out the sagged headliner, no more rubbin my head! Also test fitted some 31x10.50x15s on the back and gave the front components a load up on grease.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
My Bride and I just did the headliner in Koopers. The backing "board" wasn't too bad. Urethaned it and got some charcoal colored material and glued it down. His is a short version of headliner, it doesn't go all the way back to the dome light and has a molding across the rear side that slips into a metal lip on the ceiling. Took the sun visors down to gal that does interior work, she has the expertise to cover them!! We have 14" slots on this one with some wore out 245-60s and 195-70s for now, not too powerful with the 2.5 and 5 speed. When the snow flies , he will drive his brother's K10. Brother is in Marshall MO at Missouri Valley on a Wrestling scholarship. so he won't need the K10!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My Bride and I just did the headliner in Koopers. The backing "board" wasn't too bad. Urethaned it and got some charcoal colored material and glued it down. His is a short version of headliner, it doesn't go all the way back to the dome light and has a molding across the rear side that slips into a metal lip on the ceiling. Took the sun visors down to gal that does interior work, she has the expertise to cover them!! We have 14" slots on this one with some wore out 245-60s and 195-70s for now, not too powerful with the 2.5 and 5 speed. When the snow flies , he will drive his brother's K10. Brother is in Marshall MO at Missouri Valley on a Wrestling scholarship. so he won't need the K10!
My headliner is exactly the same but the backer was busted bad. The clips that hold it in are all broken off and the fabric wasnt attatched so i just yanked it all. But on a plus my inner cab is red so now i can mask it off n paint it to match the outside! Same with the doors and behind the seat. That red inside a black truck really pops and i hate it! Im waitin to see koops truck, ive got slots for mine too and i wanta see how they look.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Kinda effed that up, but here is Kooper and his truck out in front of my shop. We dropped the rear a couple of inches with blocks and now gonna cut a little off of the front coils to get it down to earth. Also notice, he HAD to have a cowl hood, made a deal with Grandmother to mow her lawn for life if she would finance the hood. First one came in dented, second one good!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Kinda effed that up, but here is Kooper and his truck out in front of my shop. We dropped the rear a couple of inches with blocks and now gonna cut a little off of the front coils to get it down to earth. Also notice, he HAD to have a cowl hood, made a deal with Grandmother to mow her lawn for life if she would finance the hood. First one came in dented, second one good!!
Ok... so now my question is, how many ponies did that cowl add to that 2.5L S10???? My first s10 was a 2.5... nothing like that would add ANY horsies to it. LOL

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Just the slots added about 50, the cowl another 20 or so. I figure with all that it's pumpin at least 90-100!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL