87 v-1500 wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Will newer suburban wheels fit? I know the bolt pattern is the same. I'm just wondering if the center hole is the same. I'm guessing the backspace is different and may need spacers? Please let me know,tires for 15s are out of control and usually have a set of 17s half tread or so around so tires would be free. Thanks

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
What year of Burb are you thinking of? I put the '99-2010 GM Alloys on my V20 & they fit fine, just a little snug around the rear hubs but no spacers were needed of any sort.

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I hope you are right? For some reason I have it in my head that the locking hub won't clear the center hole and will probably hit leafs on full turn?
Thank you

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
IIRC late model 6 lug stuff won’t fit square body 6 lug hubs. All of the GMT-400 and newer bodies have really small center bore.

The 8 lug stuff is hit or miss, and can sometimes be modified to fit. I’ve got a buddy with a late ‘70’s f-250 with GMT-800 factory wheels on it. They look pretty good on there too.

I suppose it may be possible to get late model 6 lug wheels machined to fit square body hubs but I haven’t personally seen it done. Also, you are right about offset most late models run a very positive offset compared to classic trucks, wheel spacers would also be needed.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
IIRC late model 6 lug stuff won’t fit square body 6 lug hubs. All of the GMT-400 and newer bodies have really small center bore.

The 8 lug stuff is hit or miss, and can sometimes be modified to fit. I’ve got a buddy with a late ‘70’s f-250 with GMT-800 factory wheels on it. They look pretty good on there too.

I suppose it may be possible to get late model 6 lug wheels machined to fit square body hubs but I haven’t personally seen it done. Also, you are right about offset most late models run a very positive offset compared to classic trucks, wheel spacers would also be needed.

Right, the 6 lug wheels on the '88+ trucks have more backspacing, along with a much smaller center opening that doesn't work with the older trucks.

The newer 8-lug wheels (through ~2010) fit older 8-lug trucks though without modifications. Except for Fords and Dodges that have a slightly larger center register than GM trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1