87 tbi exhaust manifold pipe plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Roger that. Thanks for looking out though. Never know I may get bored one day and give you a shout and throw a few bucks your way.

No problem. I’ve also got a set of OEM rear bumper brackets that need to go if you find yourself needing those. I’ve got the hood, too, but I know you’re good on that.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I am actually gonna be raising my bumpers to fill some gap and do a double stack on my receiver to I can have the tire carrier and utilize my tow hitch using a bumper add on. It should work well.

Then if you saw I am talking to a guy from lafayette and he has some various square parts. Well last i spoke with him he also has a winch and bumper he probably wants to move out as well. I may have my hands full to say the least when I get home.

Marcus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500
Engine Size
Yep, for future reference you want to get the oil drain plug for Dodge trucks. It came from Autozone, and the PN is 652886. Five and change a piece, and you’ll need two (for all the spectators out there). I tried a 22 mm thread brass fitting and plug from an oil field supply store here in town, but the threads were too coarse.

You must be registered for see images attach

Will this fit in most all of the older engines? I’m not sure what year my engine is that I’m about to put in my truck as it’s still in another vehicle but it’d be nice to know if this will work in it. It’s an old 350. Engine isn’t the original one for the vehicle it’s in so no idea the year.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I am actually gonna be raising my bumpers to fill some gap and do a double stack on my receiver to I can have the tire carrier and utilize my tow hitch using a bumper add on. It should work well.

Then if you saw I am talking to a guy from lafayette and he has some various square parts. Well last i spoke with him he also has a winch and bumper he probably wants to move out as well. I may have my hands full to say the least when I get home.

Yeah, I keep up with your thread. And I understand. Not trying to unload a bunch of junk on you, but it’s there and not doing me a bit of good.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Will this fit in most all of the older engines? I’m not sure what year my engine is that I’m about to put in my truck as it’s still in another vehicle but it’d be nice to know if this will work in it. It’s an old 350. Engine isn’t the original one for the vehicle it’s in so no idea the year.

No. This is for TBI manifolds that have air injection. The older manifolds use a bunch of tiny little tubes instead of the two big ones. Luckily (and if I’m remembering correctly), those use just an NPT plug you can get anywhere. Unfortunately, the size alludes me at this time, but you can find threads all over the Internet on this topic.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Yeah, I keep up with your thread. And I understand. Not trying to unload a bunch of junk on you, but it’s there and not doing me a bit of good.

Its all good. You never know if you can unload if you don't ask. Otherwise that's known as rape and is frowned upon.

5akman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had to do the same on my 1988 TBI manifolds. I got two drain plugs from Napa that fit perfectly. Unfortunately I don't remember the thread size but just take the tube fitting with you to match up the threads.

Marcus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500
Engine Size
No. This is for TBI manifolds that have air injection. The older manifolds use a bunch of tiny little tubes instead of the two big ones. Luckily (and if I’m remembering correctly), those use just an NPT plug you can get anywhere. Unfortunately, the size alludes me at this time, but you can find threads all over the Internet on this topic.

Okay thanks friend

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
How's that plastic/rubber gasket holding up on those plugs? I figured a brass or aluminum washer would be needed instead.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
How's that plastic/rubber gasket holding up on those plugs? I figured a brass or aluminum washer would be needed instead.

Quite well so far. It’s a metal gasket with a rubber coating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76