82 c10 No park ,turn ,inside lights and no start in P

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Quick question what is that the speedo is going into ,truck doesnt have cruise control ?

Oh yes it does.

Yeah, you posted a pic of it.

As far as lights, recheck bulb connections and grounds associated with the lights. I've seen loose bulbs/grounds make sections of the lighting not function properly. I have a license plate light that sometimes litterally needs the bumper knocked on(just like you would knock on a door) to illuminate. Ridiculous but true.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Quick question what is that the speedo is going into ,truck doesnt have cruise control ?
Thats the cruise control transducer. If you decide to chuck it let me know!

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well then didnt see a switch for the cruise control,guess I will have to look ? I thought thats what it had to be but didnt see any controls for it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Small update buffed out the old paint with Meguiar's ultimate compound made a night and day difference.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Well then didnt see a switch for the cruise control,guess I will have to look ? I thought thats what it had to be but didnt see any controls for it.

Replaced signal stalk maybe?

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thank you chenguy very helpful, will trace these wires soon as possible.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Yup. From what I can see, somebody either changed the stalk or the column. A better view of the stalk would be nice. Kinda hard to tell if I'm seeing the tilt or stalk.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Haven't had a chance to dig into the parking lights,but have been working on the no start in P but will in N. I pulled the neutral safety switch from the column.When the peg that goes into the steering column is pushed all the way to the right the truck will start,if moved to the left at about the half way point and all the to the left the back up of lights stay on.

My concern is on the far left is a P shouldn't the truck start when the switch is closest to this side ? On the other side is D so shouldn't the back up light be off and no start on the truck when pushed to the far left. Is there 4 zones on the switch for P,R,N,D my switch only seems to have 2 zones. Left side back up lights ,Right side starter signal ?

I've tried adjusting placement of the switch with the truck in N moving the switch until the back lights go off then when I place it in park the switch seem to push up an away from the column as if it can't move far enough.

Other quick question what are those other pins for ?

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also I have been working on the window switches the passenger side wasn't working when I bought the truck from the driver side main switch or the passenger switch.Then one day I was able to move it from the driver side only,but the window would stop moving half way down and need help to go all the way down.

Well I was leaving for work and I had nobody around to help lower the window,so I tried to lower it from the passenger side it wouldn't go down but UP with the passenger switch. So I went back to the driver side and now that control will not work anymore.So my question is if one switch is stuck on would it cancel the other out or cause both to stop working ? Also does anyone have a clear diagram of the window switch wiring ? When I removed the passenger switch one wire was barley hanging on the others are frayed. So I plan to replace them but wonder if I touch the correct wires together and bypassing the switch would work to narrow down the issue and allow me to roll the window up and down.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm off Saturday temp are 97-102 here right now in South Ga. going to try and work on the above two issue and see if I can chase down the brown wire for the parking lights.Then onto the gauges the fuel gauge stop working is stuck right below half a tank and the speedo isn't working but does move when disconnected from the cruise on the fender and cable moved by hand.

Thank you all for the patience and help,I have very small windows to work on this truck and try to get the most out of the time I do have.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also I have been working on the window switches the passenger side wasn't working when I bought the truck from the driver side main switch or the passenger switch.Then one day I was able to move it from the driver side only,but the window would stop moving half way down and need help to go all the way down.

Well I was leaving for work and I had nobody around to help lower the window,so I tried to lower it from the passenger side it wouldn't go down but UP with the passenger switch. So I went back to the driver side and now that control will not work anymore.So my question is if one switch is stuck on would it cancel the other out or cause both to stop working ? Also does anyone have a clear diagram of the window switch wiring ? When I removed the passenger switch one wire was barley hanging on the others are frayed. So I plan to replace them but wonder if I touch the correct wires together and bypassing the switch would work to narrow down the issue and allow me to roll the window up and down.

Think I found a wire diagram ....

and one for door locks

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I used the diagram above came up with this to control the passenger side window from the passenger side and it worked window is now down so I don't sweat to death.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yup. From what I can see, somebody either changed the stalk or the column. A better view of the stalk would be nice. Kinda hard to tell if I'm seeing the tilt or stalk.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Sure looks like someone broke off the control switch part. You may be able to find one in the boneyard that does not have the Wiper Switch. That chance would be slim but worthy. LMC may have what you need.