82 c10 No park ,turn ,inside lights and no start in P

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've tried looking on lmc , parts store local , eBay ,amazon , usa 1 industries , brothers ,summit pretty much all reproduction sites. The ones with cruise years start at 1984.... also can't find the turn signal switch that's in the column for my year model.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I was fixing some wire to rear of the truck..previous owner routed them under the rear end over the top and on the exhaust pipe and then duct tape them to frame ,also while wiring in a trailer wire plug held by scotch tape.

So while under there soldering and heat strinking wire I was trying to figure out this trailer hitch.Never seen one like this the two rods go into the box but I don't see how its held in place.They fittings on the sides apear to be grease fittings.

You must be registered for see images attach

So how does this not fall out ? Its feels solid as a rock ,but I don't understand how no bolts or clamps holding it in place that I can see ?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Interesting...
I wonder if a hydraulic piston locks it in. Seems like an overly complicated, unsafe scenario though.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I was thinking the same thing maybe the fittings pressurized something ? From what I was told by the second owner I bought the truck from the orginal owner used the truck pull horse trailers,but I can't trust something mechanical that I don't understand or know how it works.

Building a chicken coop weekend ,if I have time I might unbolt it and see if there are hiden parts.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Did something break off of the piece in the center on top? Some kind of a wedge?

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Finally fiqured out the hitch. An old farmer came by work tonight and while we talked about the truck I asked him,and soon as I open the picture he said it was a cushion hitch great for hauling trailers. Also said it was about 600 bucks back in the day for one of those.

So the plan is to remove it see if it can be rebuilt and then have it powered coated.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I fixed the gauge lights had a few bad wires behind the cluster and installed 3 oem gauges that had broken needles.

Only issue still with the gauges is the temp will jump all over the place at times when moving,but after a while it will balance out. Still working on the speedo when disconnected from the crusie control it will spin freely, but will not moved when reconnected. So going to check lower cable and gear in transmission.

I installed led lights behind the gauges.

Also working on recovering the dash.

Papa John

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Here is a video of the temperature gauge.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
[QUOTE="Papa John, post: 518835, member: 19530"
Building a chicken coop weekend ,if I have time I might unbolt it and see if there are hiden parts.[/QUOTE]

Know all about chicken coup. Wife had two turkeys and 60 chickens. Down to 20 now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito