8" lift help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestCoaster

Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What's the best way to go about this? The 78 K10 I just purchased has a 6" Rancho lift, spring front (48") and 4" blocks in the rear.
My goal is to get about an 8 " lift and eliminate the rear blocks. I picked up a set of 56" rear springs that I believe are 6" lift. Would like to put these on with a shackle flip and put my 52" on the front. Or should I just leave the current shorter 6" springs on with longer front shackles? Should I do the shackle flip on the rear or just run smaller blocks with the 56" springs.
I posted pics of current lift and the 56" donor springs. Truck already has a raised steering arm and extended brake lines.

Having fun while being confused!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Personally I would sell the 6" front and 6" rear springs as a set (verify the rears are indeed 6" first or it might come back to bite ya) to help finance the size lift you're wanting. If dead set on 8" I would go with something like RC fronts, shackle flip rear with 2" lift RC 56" springs. Going with new parts will yield more lift as well, compared to old stuff.

IMO using longer shackles on the front to gain 2" of lift is a very bad idea. Since you're only lifting the rear half of the spring, the shackles would have to be twice as long as the amount of lift you're trying to gain. In other words, for 2" of lift, they would have to be 4" longer than your current shackles, pitching the front pinion WAY down. No way a balljoint adjustment could bring your caster back in line, then you're stuck trying to find the right amount of angle wedge to compensate.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
BTW those front springs in the 4th pic look like 4" lift springs. If you have enough parts to put together a 4" lift (front springs, rear blocks) as well as a 6" lift you could sell both kits and probably finance the whole 8" lift.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
4" 52s are what you need... A set for the front, and a set for the rear with a shackle flip... As for recommending Rough Country... This is definitely a case where thinking with your wallet its a bad idea. Those springs ride like trash compared to a good spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666