78 C10 changing suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duddyhock

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
292 i6
I am aiming for kind of a protouring style build. Don't want to go as far as coilovers and such but something that is a little more tight on the corners as I live in Colorado and like going up and do some spirited driving in the mountains.

I was looking at the Belltech drop kit with some drop spindles for the front and was interested in some bigger sway bars to help out.

Also, boxing in the frame? any bolt on kits?
I can have access to a welder but its kind of a pain.

Thanks,
duddyhock

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci

duddyhock

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
292 i6
CPP makes some really nice tubular control arms if you have the coin to spend. Add a thick sway bar, drop spindles, and drop coils and you should see a nice improvement.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/clp-6372tcalkb10/overview/year/1978/make/chevrolet/model/c10

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/clp-6372tcaukb90/overview/year/1978/make/chevrolet/model/c10

got any suggestions on brands via sway bars? I was looking at the hotchkis kit. I am open to cheaper options like 1 tons bars working or something like that. Do you have brands to stay away from on drop kits or are they about the same. Other then increased turn radius of tubular arms and a little strength what is the advantage?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
got any suggestions on brands via sway bars? I was looking at the hotchkis kit. I am open to cheaper options like 1 tons bars working or something like that. Do you have brands to stay away from on drop kits or are they about the same. Other then increased turn radius of tubular arms and a little strength what is the advantage?

I can't answer your other questions, but as to tubular arms, the big advantage is you get a whole, new arm. New bushings, new ball joint. Not to mention is nicer looking and stronger.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci

I can't answer your other questions, but as to tubular arms, the big advantage is you get a whole, new arm. New bushings, new ball joint. Not to mention is nicer looking and stronger.
Agreed, as well as more ground clearance compaired to stock arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy