78 Surburban Revival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Apples

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
surburban
Engine Size
Hey everyone I'm Ontario Canada
Recently purchased this 78 surburban which was used as a forestry truck in Saskatchewan, which was retired a decade ago

Bought it last year as previous owner lost time to fix it up, I know what most of you are thinking buy another truck, body is scrap not worth the time and money but this one is different and me and my son will learn and build on.

This project will be a budget truck fix documenting my journey with it on limited tools and money.

Bought the Truck how you see it in first pic with plow (off a jeep TJ ) I made a mount for it but probably won't keep it and found another body 25 minutes away complete for $1000 complete with beige interior and complete 80s lmc front clip.

I bought the truck for $2500 it's very well known in the area as RUSTY as it sat on main Street for years with a giant RUSTY stick on rear glass. The donor body will be cut up for patch peices on RUSTY as its a 80s body and RUSTY is 70s and front clip won't work without modifications. Some will say easier to put the body on and modify it for front 70s clip yes your right probably is easier but I rather learn how to patch panels, weld, glass, paint.

This truck has probably the worth interior I have ever seen with fur glued to all the panels inside and stickers covering the whole interior with pixel camo headliner held up with small magnets.

Again this is on a budget, hoping I can sell the whole LMC front clip to make up for the purchase of the whole body.

Attachments

• 20240201_151633.jpg
    20240201_151633.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240128_160817.jpg
    20240128_160817.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240201_151608.jpg
    20240201_151608.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240201_151623.jpg
    20240201_151623.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 46

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Welcome from Missouri.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Hey everyone I'm Ontario Canada
Recently purchased this 78 surburban which was used as a forestry truck in Saskatchewan, which was retired a decade ago

Bought it last year as previous owner lost time to fix it up, I know what most of you are thinking buy another truck, body is scrap not worth the time and money but this one is different and me and my son will learn and build on.

This project will be a budget truck fix documenting my journey with it on limited tools and money.

Bought the Truck how you see it in first pic with plow (off a jeep TJ ) I made a mount for it but probably won't keep it and found another body 25 minutes away complete for $1000 complete with beige interior and complete 80s lmc front clip.

I bought the truck for $2500 it's very well known in the area as RUSTY as it sat on main Street for years with a giant RUSTY stick on rear glass. The donor body will be cut up for patch peices on RUSTY as its a 80s body and RUSTY is 70s and front clip won't work without modifications. Some will say easier to put the body on and modify it for front 70s clip yes your right probably is easier but I rather learn how to patch panels, weld, glass, paint.

This truck has probably the worth interior I have ever seen with fur glued to all the panels inside and stickers covering the whole interior with pixel camo headliner held up with small magnets.

Again this is on a budget, hoping I can sell the whole LMC front clip to make up for the purchase of the whole body.
Welcome, from Houston, Texas.
My family has had 5 square body Burbs, 2 OBS ones, and the NBS burb in the last picture is the same color combo as dad's Denali that I'm trying to sell.
So 8 Burbs and I currently have an OBS crew cab(front half of Burb!).
Looks like a good project, great that you're getting the younger generation involved too.
Lots of burb owners on here, so ask away if you have questions (and you most likely will!).

Bad Apples

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
surburban
Engine Size
Welcome, from Houston, Texas.
My family has had 5 square body Burbs, 2 OBS ones, and the NBS burb in the last picture is the same color combo as dad's Denali that I'm trying to sell.
So 8 Burbs and I currently have an OBS crew cab(front half of Burb!).
Looks like a good project, great that you're getting the younger generation involved too.
Lots of burb owners on here, so ask away if you have questions (and you most likely will!).
Iv had other squares one I did up with a 12v and a nv6500 all pick ups but never a burban I found you don't see many pre 80s surburbans anymore

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Iv had other squares one I did up with a 12v and a nv6500 all pick ups but never a burban I found you don't see many pre 80s surburbans anymore
Welcome from Houston- and another Sub owner- part II !

And, I agree - hard to find the older ones. :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag