78 Surburban Revival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Welcome from VA.

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome from Toronto. Whereabouts in Ontario are you? I'm working on a Suburban also. Looks like you'll have fun piecing that thing together!

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Welcome in from Central NC. Your Sub looks even rustier than the '75 that I bought last year. Good luck with Rusty!

HS

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Hey everyone I'm Ontario Canada
Recently purchased this 78 surburban which was used as a forestry truck in Saskatchewan, which was retired a decade ago

Bought it last year as previous owner lost time to fix it up, I know what most of you are thinking buy another truck, body is scrap not worth the time and money but this one is different and me and my son will learn and build on.

This project will be a budget truck fix documenting my journey with it on limited tools and money.

Bought the Truck how you see it in first pic with plow (off a jeep TJ ) I made a mount for it but probably won't keep it and found another body 25 minutes away complete for $1000 complete with beige interior and complete 80s lmc front clip.

I bought the truck for $2500 it's very well known in the area as RUSTY as it sat on main Street for years with a giant RUSTY stick on rear glass. The donor body will be cut up for patch peices on RUSTY as its a 80s body and RUSTY is 70s and front clip won't work without modifications. Some will say easier to put the body on and modify it for front 70s clip yes your right probably is easier but I rather learn how to patch panels, weld, glass, paint.

This truck has probably the worth interior I have ever seen with fur glued to all the panels inside and stickers covering the whole interior with pixel camo headliner held up with small magnets.

Again this is on a budget, hoping I can sell the whole LMC front clip to make up for the purchase of the whole body.
i'm 70, just wanted to say that is a precious pic of you and your son, When you're my age, it will become even more precious.

Fat 454

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
That is awesome, welcome to the Sub owning fraternity !!. I thought my 4x4 was rusty ( ill post a pic, may give you a run for your money ). Definately go back to the forest green. I have a burnt orange / white combo thats going to be painted up as a forest ranger truck when done. Metallics don't look to good in the mountains..

Bad Apples

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
surburban
Engine Size
That is awesome, welcome to the Sub owning fraternity !!. I thought my 4x4 was rusty ( ill post a pic, may give you a run for your money ). Definately go back to the forest green. I have a burnt orange / white combo thats going to be painted up as a forest ranger truck when done. Metallics don't look to good in the mountains..
Haha yeah pretty rocky up here with pine and oak I'll give it a 2nd thought with the forest green

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
Bracebridge ,
Nice. You're below Huntsville. Nice driving up hwy 11 & 400. I'm 2 hours away from you right in Toronto bottom of the highway. Would like to see yours one day.

Bad Apples

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
surburban
Engine Size
Nice. You're below Huntsville. Nice driving up hwy 11 & 400. I'm 2 hours away from you right in Toronto bottom of the highway. Would like to see yours one day.
For sure dude, I don't drive south of severn. As I don't like the city and people. But if your out cruising through muskoka let me know

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad