Well, more reading turned up nothing. I must have previously read about switching the brackets around on a different year. So I proceeded to travel down my own path. I started by clamping the brackets to the bumper, where I would be able to drill new mounting holes. Then I held the mounting cups (that the bumper shocks bolt to) up to the brackets and marked where holes needed drilled. Then drilled new holes in the brackets. The original holes were slotted for up-down adjustment and the bumper had been at it's lowest position. I put them about mid way to raise the bumper in relation to the body. ^You can see in that photo where I marked an area to remove for parking light clearance. I ended up not having a clearance issue. I also forgot to take a picture of how the brackets were bolted together and where I drilled holes to mount them, so this shot of the underside will have to do. The initial test fit to the car had the bumper pointing upward.