700r4 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Im rebuilding my 700r4 and when I pulled the pump out a little brass thing that looks like a rivit fell out and I can not figure out where it goes

Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
dam it looks like a brass fitting. Could you possably get a closer and more focused picture of it?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I cant that is the only camara I have, I am certain it fell out once we pulled the pump out

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
anybody??

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for the thread bump. I never seen this thread before.

but, I am of no help either. I can not tell what that is, and can't think of where it would have come from either. Is it threaded at all? Any hole thru it???

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
It does have a hole through it kind of like an oil fitting, the weird part is a read another thread with a guy who found the same brass rivet type object and he ends the thread with It does not seem to go anywhere so I through it out

I do not plan I throwing it out and I am kinda stuck until I figure out where it goes

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It does have a hole through it kind of like an oil fitting, the weird part is a read another thread with a guy who found the same brass rivet type object and he ends the thread with It does not seem to go anywhere so I through it out

I do not plan I throwing it out and I am kinda stuck until I figure out where it goes

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: That's what alot of people used to say about the anti clunk spring on a Th350, couldn't find where it went so I thru it out. Then they wonder why 20,000 miles later there trans is trash, and I do mean trash. The snap ring is allowed to spin and chew up the lugs inside the case and now the case is trash and not worth rebuilding. That only happens in extreme rare cases, but nonetheless, point is, the part was important and it many times got thrown away.

If its got a hole thru it, then that tells me it likley fits in an orfice somewhere to restrict flow or pressure. I'm getting ready to go do the part time thing now, but I'll do a little research and see what I fan find out. I don't recall see that part. It might even go in the input shaft to resrtict flow to the lock up clutch in the Torque converter. I wonder how that guys trans is doing if he threw that part away??? Maybe it was an aftermarket shift kit part that fell out?? :shrug: May or may not be important.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
DOAH just thought of something it could be, how big is the thing, kind of hard to tell with out seeing anything beside it to judge this size in the picture.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
DOAH just thought of something it could be, how big is the thing, kind of hard to tell with out seeing anything beside it to judge this size in the picture.

I was thinking it might be a part that goes with the boost valve if its aftermarket. But that really wouldn't make sense, cuz how could it get loose? Then, I think it probably goes into an orfice as a restrictor, but it got blown out. :shrug: I haven't looked for any research on it yet. Whudda you thinking it might be?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I was thinking it might be a part that goes with the boost valve if its aftermarket. But that really wouldn't make sense, cuz how could it get loose? Then, I think it probably goes into an orfice as a restrictor, but it got blown out. :shrug: I haven't looked for any research on it yet. Whudda you thinking it might be?

I am not sure if its small enough. But I am thinking it may very well go into the Reverse input drum. I will see if I can find a picture of one that shows it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I am not sure if its small enough. But I am thinking it may very well go into the Reverse input drum. I will see if I can find a picture of one that shows it.

YUP !!! Its either into the Reverse Input Drum, or goes to the band. See #480 or #916 of this exploit on the bottom row.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 700R4Pump.jpg
    700R4Pump.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd also check # 540 in the top row of the above diagram. That is what I was thinking it was originally since he said pump, but more than likely, because it was behind the pump and not in the pump, its the reverse input drum.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Thanks a ton guys I will let you know how it works out

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
ide sure like to know for sure just what the size of it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10