5/8” ID oil rated hose recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I ordered 20’ of it. The stuff Eric mentioned looked really nice too. I called their customer service with some questions about the product. The guy on the other end of the phone seemed like he wanted to take a nap and was not very helpful.

If you are just clamping the hose onto barbs (not using the matching Full Flow fittings) you could probably use black heat shrink on the cut ends for a clean appearance.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I ordered 20’ of it. The stuff Eric mentioned looked really nice too. I called their customer service with some questions about the product. The guy on the other end of the phone seemed like he wanted to take a nap and was not very helpful.
Customer service for most companies is really hit or miss lately. The Aeroquip stuff specifically is mil-spec rated and qualified and is used extensively in military, commercial, and general aviation. If you want something that is absolutely going to hold up to what it says it will and then some, Aeroquip is where it's at. You can probably even get some from your local airport maintenance facility if you need some in a pinch and don't want to wait for shipping from a supplier.

I've used it extensively for oil feed and drain lines for turbos in some pretty spicy applications and had it hold up very well.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Everything is finished and operable, but the hose I have seems to not fit the metal tube properly and I’m using a regular o hose clamp. It has a slight weep after a cold-hot-cold cycle. I used what I had on hand to get it together for a deadline. Want to do it right the second go ‘round.

Did a 1500 (ish? Can’t recall exactly) mile round trip to pick this shell up for an upcoming camper build. Had a weep, but no discernible fluid level drop. Just don’t want something to happen out in BFE.
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks like the Bonneville salt flats

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I used aeroquip blue braided hose with a&n fittings,but it is way overkill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1