5.3 4l60e swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay84

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Wondering mostly on the trouble I will have with the tranny since it has all the plugs and wires on it

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Wondering mostly on the trouble I will have with the tranny since it has all the plugs and wires on it

None...as long as you use the Pcm and Harness from the 5.3.
Younwillmneed LS1 F body exhaust manifolds too.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
you will either need a dakota digital vss buffer box, or an electric speedometer. Hope this helps! OR!!!! classic industries sells a cable speedo conversion. not sure on the $ though

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Retro knows for sure, but I think it's 89-91 OEM dash instrument cluster you'd need or as suggested, Dakota Digital.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
you will either need a dakota digital vss buffer box, or an electric speedometer. Hope this helps! OR!!!! classic industries sells a cable speedo conversion. not sure on the $ though
There is another alternative that most arnt aware of. Dodge uses the mechanical to electric assembly in some of there trucks. plug and play for 36.00

Retro knows for sure, but I think it's 89-91 OEM dash instrument cluster you'd need or as suggested, Dakota Digital.

90-91 would be the electronic speedometer, 89 was also electronic but from what i have seen it is cable driven to the speedometer then converted at the speedometer.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
90-91 would be the hot ticket then. Can you just swap the speedo out of a 90-91 cluster into whatever year OEM cluster? Or does the pin out and all that have to be changed too, making it as just may as well swap the whole the cluster?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
90-91 would be the hot ticket then. Can you just swap the speedo out of a 90-91 cluster into whatever year OEM cluster? Or does the pin out and all that have to be changed too, making it as just may as well swap the whole the cluster?

i would think you would need the whole cluster, the speedometer in my cluster has 3 wires that go to it. But the easiest route would be to get ahold of a dodge vss, they are gear driven inside the transmission, thenelectronic vss plugs into it.

Im still researching it infull but as soon as i know all the details it might possably be worthy of the engine swap page.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda