4L60E 700R4 typical rebuild parts list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
huh it works for me

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
huh it works for me

Yeah cuz its your cart. Not anyone elses. You'd have to give everyone your log in and password to see your cart. Just try to copy and paste your cart into the forum post.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Yeah cuz its your cart. Not anyone elses. You'd have to give everyone your log in and password to see your cart. Just try to copy and paste your cart into the forum post.

well crap, do me a favor and post the normal list from your supplier then, I am really curiouse to see what your suppliers prices compare to others.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
well crap, do me a favor and post the normal list from your supplier then, I am really curiouse to see what your suppliers prices compare to others.

Ah hell, That'll take some time. I also do not get all my parts from the same place. We'll be given away the secrets for sure now. Which I don't really mind. If someone feels confident to build a 700r4/4L60-E then they should be doing it right, or not at all. Also, the special tools needed will keep most from doing it. So you gonna be cool giving out the secrets??? :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sumbish, I've started it 3 times with links and keep losing my post about the time I get about done. So fugg that. Here is a quick list.

Banner Kit (Does not include Steels, Usually only steels that need replaced is in the 3-4 clutch pack, and when you buy the Alto Commerical Pack, or Z pack, it comes with steels for this pack, so reuse all the other good steels, but save your money, cuz the steels you'll need are in the aftermarket packs)

Commercial Alto 3-4 Pack (Some will use Zpak instead)

Beast Sunshell

Corvette 1-2 Servo

29 Element Sprag

Complete Bushing Kit
(Usually less than $20, so just do it. By the time you buy common bushings by singals, may as well just buy complete kit and you have all the bushings)

2-4 Band

Shift Kit (Usually TransGO Jr or any other kit that will include the .500 Boost Valve. Cheaper to buy the kit that corrects several problems, rather than the .500 Boost Valve as a single item)

New Pump Vanes (And a new rotor too if its a 7 or 13 vane rotor. 10 is best for all applications. 7 is not enough, 13 is to many and puts to much pressure on the rotor, and also makes the rotor thinner with 3 more vanes. Common to see a 13 vane rotor broke or severly worn)

Sonnax 3-4 Release Springs (I'm now convinced this should be done)

Then of course check the valve bores looking for half moons with a flash light. Sometimes you might have 2-3 valves that need attention. In that case, rather than handle all 3 valves, its cheaper to by a recon valve body. I don't have all the tools to this anyway, so many times I do end up buying a recon valve body. Unlike most trans shops, they don't even check the valves for wear. They disassemble, clean and reassemble. Then you wonder why you're getting 1870 codes etc, or crossover pressure bleed etc. For anyone at home attempting to buildyour own, I'd just suck it up and buy the recon valve body. When you do, many corrections and updates are usually fixed if you get it from a reputable place.

I think I got it all. Not sure Pops. I may have forgotten some things. And this is just for a basic OEM build. Nothing Hipo at all, or I'd add other things like sleeving the input drum, and if real Hipp, hardened input shafts at least and possibly hardened output shaft.

Last edited:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
For a basic street Transmission thats pretty much it, I would reccomend both sprag's though. I agree lets just keep it basic and not get in to the Race applications. Remeber though if you go with the Transgo HD2 shift kit then you also get the 3/4 centrical engagment issues fixed, NOT with the SK kit.

I would be curiouse to know a little more about your "alto commercial pack" I am not opposed to trying new things when others are using them with good results. so whats the scoop? It looks like theres a few choices when it comes to the alto's.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Compare Raysbestos Z-Pak vs Alto 3-4 Commercial Pack.

Alto Commercial 3-4 Pack 82-94
This kit contains 9 .062" 3-4 friction plates, 8 .060" 3-4 steel plates,
2 .076" steel plates, 1 .125" top pressure plate,
and a .062" top snap ring.
Comes with instructions.
No special transmission tools required.

Z Pak
700R4 4L60E 4L65E transmission Z Pak 3-4 clutch kit
This kit contains 14-1 sided clutch plates, 2 pressure plates and 1 narrow friction ring.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've never used the Trans Go HD2 Kit. I probably would for my own transmission since I don't mind a shft that is so firm, its actually harsh to some degree. Maybe the HD-2 Kit doesn't firm up the 700r4/4L60-E like a stage 2 kit does a Th350. But, I also remove the accumulaor spring too in Th350's that someone is asking for a performance type shift.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Alto Commercial 3-4 Pack 82-94
This kit contains 9 .062" 3-4 friction plates, 8 .060" 3-4 steel plates,
2 .076" steel plates, 1 .125" top pressure plate,
and a .062" top snap ring.
Comes with instructions.
No special transmission tools required.

Z Pak
700R4 4L60E 4L65E transmission Z Pak 3-4 clutch kit
This kit contains 14-1 sided clutch plates, 2 pressure plates and 1 narrow friction ring.

ok so tell me something i dont know lol. Blue, Green, and tan clutches, evidently theres options to these alto's so whats the advantages and dis advantages of each?

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
i would never use your secrets :roflbow: i would rather rebuild manual transmissions anyways.

i just contact jasper rebuilds in jasper Indiana they rebuild engines and transmissions and have a great 2 year warranty.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
i would never use your secrets :roflbow: i would rather rebuild manual transmissions anyways.

i just contact jasper rebuilds in jasper Indiana they rebuild engines and transmissions and have a great 2 year warranty.

And what do they charge for a rebuilt 4L60E?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

hahaha, getting yourself ripped at Jasper !!! Very high priced. You are spending a fortune on nothing but a warranty. So when the warranty is up, you having nothing more than what you could have got for about 1/2 of what you paid for it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
ok so tell me something i dont know lol. Blue, Green, and tan clutches, evidently theres options to these alto's so whats the advantages and dis advantages of each?

I'm only aware of Reds, Tans and Blues. Reds are hi performance and stand up to high heat. Tans are normal or average duty, Blues are hi performance only. Maybe a trailered drag car. They grip and hold very well, but used for long periods of heat like street driving, they will glaze over and actually start losing performance in a short order. I try to use the Reds for HiPo or Heavy Duty. I aslo try to get waffled cltutches since they will cool quicker. I do beleive waffled cluches are a Raysbestos product, which is the maker of the 700r4 Zpak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barnabyjo