454 BBC Bare Block & Heads .060 Over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Iv owned this block for approx. 5 years so its not straight out of the machine shop fresh, but it hasn't been assembled/ran since machining. Ill run out to the garage and get all the numbers and such and let ya know

That's what I was getting at, so it's never been assembled since being machined, so it's pretty much considered a fresh bore even thought it's been years ago. Just a plain old 2 bolt passenger car of truck block. Still good though. BBC's have biggo mains and can run alot of hp/tq without need for 4 bolt.

Ok here we go. I believe the block # is:
With other numbers:
C22-78

And the heads:
With other numbers:
CM4T
M Truck

The heads look like square bore on the intake and oval on the exhaust lol

Those are open chamber 122 CC Oval Port heads. They may look rectangle to you if you're used to seeing peanut ports, but they're not peanut ports heads. They'll be the standard size or bigger oval ports, unless they were worked over and ported at the machine shop. They're also the smaller valve heads for the BBC's. I woudln't mind running those heads. Everyone always wants bigger valves. Smaller valves are better for the low end torque. Bigger valves only help on the big end, so unless you're running a high rpm race motor the gain you get from big valves can actually hurt you in one area, while it helps in another area that you're not as concerned with very often. Sure I'll run big valve heads, but I damn sure won't be paying the hundreds that people do to get .010 bigger valve.

Someone with a set of Peanut Port heads w 2.06 intakes and 1.72 exhuast valves, could swap their valve train to these heads and get better mid to upper range performance.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Well there ya go people lol. This motors ready to build!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, you can go with this kit for $1500 and have forged crank, and done pistons. With those head cores, have a 10:1 stroker 496 Cubic Inch Motor and a mild cam, and headers and be at 500hp all motor fairly easy. Buy this block and heads from El Co, the stroker kit for $1500, and then the head work, cam, intake, headers, timing chain and oil pump, you'd have 500+ hp for around $3000.

I've been thinking of buying a similar deal myself when the funds come in. Since my current 454 runs good as is, thinking of running it in the K5 or K Burb I hope to get, then since I'd be getting a complete rotation assembly, just find a deal like this with a block only ready to be built. I can't see tearing apart a perfectly good stock motor to replace all the internals. Doesn't make much sense IMO.

ToeJoe is in Indy, maybe he needs another Fo Fitty Fo. Who knows, He prolly has 20 of them sitting around though. I know he's looking for another 1 ton chassis.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Lol hopefully he sees this thread! Id be willing to meet him halfway or something. If I could find a way to fit this on my Harley, Id deliver! lol

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Lol hopefully he sees this thread! Id be willing to meet him halfway or something. If I could find a way to fit this on my Harley, Id deliver! lol

trailer.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
It doesn't have a hitch lol. Or Id consider it lol