4" rough country all spring lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
From what i've been reading about mine, they're almost 100 lbs more than the big block.
I would have thought an oil hammer was a bit heavier the a gasser bb.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I would have thought an oil hammer was a bit heavier the a gasser bb.
appears to be true. I'm in the market right now for a heavier engine stand, for when I pull it to clean up the engine bay.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
appears to be true. I'm in the market right now for a heavier engine stand, for when I pull it to clean up the engine bay.
I had my fully dressed BB iron heads,starter, iron manifold on a 1000# 4 wheel stand it sat there for a while till I pulled it apart. I think as long as it's 4 wheel you should be good.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I had my fully dressed BB iron heads,starter, iron manifold on a 1000# 4 wheel stand it sat there for a while till I pulled it apart. I think as long as it's 4 wheel you should be good.
I've been looking for the ones that are geared for turning the engine over. I don't even want to try to wrestle that 800+ lb bastard over. Northern tool has one I'm thinking about, rated at 1250 lbs, but, if I could find a vender for the gear mech, I'd just as soon build my own, like the ones we have at work.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I've been looking for the ones that are geared for turning the engine over. I don't even want to try to wrestle that 800+ lb bastard over. Northern tool has one I'm thinking about, rated at 1250 lbs, but, if I could find a vender for the gear mech, I'd just as soon build my own, like the ones we have at work.
Agreed I wouldn't attempt flipping mine until I removed 140# of cylinder heads and intake. They are a bit too heavy.

paulmorton

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
So in summary the rough country one would work then? Just might sag a little over time? Major problem I got is getting bits here thinking of buying an old canned Ham over there and getting someone to stuff it full of parts cos they only charge import duty on the trailer then and not the contents plus would have a different trailer to go to shows in then!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
So in summary the rough country one would work then? Just might sag a little over time? Major problem I got is getting bits here thinking of buying an old canned Ham over there and getting someone to stuff it full of parts cos they only charge import duty on the trailer then and not the contents plus would have a different trailer to go to shows in then!

Lol. They might get suspicious when it weighed 8 tons more than it should.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Did you happen to get a spring rate from Rough Country?

The Superlifts were rated for 560lbs/in. Which would definitely be a stiff ride with a small block, but may be just right with a big block.

You may need to get a spring pack as well as an add a leaf to help add some stiffness to any spring pack you get.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
I run a 4" Tuff Country EZ ride lift, #14722K for 56" rear spring on my 82 k20 plow truck, rides really nice and no sag yet with the 8' western on the front. Nowhere near as back jarring as my 8" skyjacker all spring on the 86...hate that lift. They do recommend that you run the 14725K heavy duty springs for big block or plow though.
Separate note, a dresses 6.2l weighs about 1,000 before you steam clean all the oil off. I used a heavy duty engine stand for my BBC and did a mod on the turning part to rotate block easier. Got the crank gear box off a semi trailer landing gear and hooked up to the stand. Real easy to turn a block over or the whole engine over if you want and stop at any point.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I run a 4" Tuff Country EZ ride lift, #14722K for 56" rear spring on my 82 k20 plow truck, rides really nice and no sag yet with the 8' western on the front. Nowhere near as back jarring as my 8" skyjacker all spring on the 86...hate that lift. They do recommend that you run the 14725K heavy duty springs for big block or plow though.
Separate note, a dresses 6.2l weighs about 1,000 before you steam clean all the oil off. I used a heavy duty engine stand for my BBC and did a mod on the turning part to rotate block easier. Got the crank gear box off a semi trailer landing gear and hooked up to the stand. Real easy to turn a block over or the whole engine over if you want and stop at any point.
Same springs on the front of my truck. Opted for the ORD shackle flip in the rear though.

I've got a small block, so no issues with sagging. Rides real smooth.

What's the comparable weight of a ready to install 350? That would be able to help determine how much sag a given set of springs would have with one engine versus another.

paulmorton

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Sent an email to rough country hopefully will hear back? Just have to say they're heavy trailers lol

paulmorton

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
06/07/17
Q: Hi do you know the spring rate on the front springs?

06/07/17
A: The only thing we have is that they are 10% stronger than the factory springs.

That's the answer from rough country?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
10% stronger, to hold up 40% more weight.

paulmorton

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
So not great looks like I'm staying stock height

paulmorton

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Superlift reckon that their kit will work with the diesel because "it's not much heavier than the 350"

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk