4" rough country all spring lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tys234

Reaction score
First Name
Tyson
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Does anyone have the 4" rough country all spring lift? How rough does it ride? My truck is a 3/4 ton and it already rides pretty rough. It does have add a leafs on it now though.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
we had the front leafs only for a 4 inch rough country on a 1/2 ton and it was super stiff. We drove around forever stock no issues, no battery hold down. once th elift was installed we flipped the battery out onto the frame, and hit a bump once in a buddy's driveway and thought we flipped the truck.

Tys234

Reaction score
First Name
Tyson
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dang! I am afraid of getting the tuff country because I have a big block and a heavy front end replacement. I haven't been able to find the heavy duty tuff country springs for a 3/4 ton

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well if you got the cash you could buy the kit and try it to see how you like it and if it's too stiff swap it out later.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Not sure if I can add any valuable information to help you with your decision, but I will try:

Tuff Country advertises their HD springs as being adequate for trucks with big block motors OR heavy duty winch bumpers. They will tell you that these springs will not provide the specified lift height if you have more weight than either a big block, or heavy bumper up front.

During my recent Dana 60 front axle swap in my 3/4 ton suburban, I decided to install a set of 2" Tuff Country HD springs in place of the slap-worn-out (negatively arched) stock springs in the front of my truck. My suburban has a big block, a big heavy front bumper that doubles as an air tank, a belt-driven air compressor, a winch, and 2 batteries (and now a Dana 60 :headbang:).

After reading their disclaimer (which I summarized above) I was concerned that these springs wouldn't hold up to the weight in the front of my truck. In talking to a Tuff Country tech rep, they told me that the spring rate is not great enough to maintain the advertised lift with that amount of weight, but that there would not be any real functional/performance issues with the springs. That was good enough for me, because I wasn't really looking to add any lift, just wanted to get the tired springs out.

It is hard for me to say exactly how much lift the springs gave me after the swap, because the axle itself is bigger, and the spring perches are taller. But the new springs are not flat - they do have some amount of arch to them. All in all, using my calibrated eyeball measurement, I would guesstimate that the front of my truck is now somewhere between 3"-4" taller than it was before the axle and spring swap. And I would guess that about 2" of that is related to the axle size and spring perch height. Which means that the springs did still give me somewhere between 1 and 2 inches of lift, even with all that extra weight up front.

Sorry for the novel. Hope that helps.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I have two square's with 454s in them with skyjacker soft ride springs ,great ride , no problems. My blazer is a smallblock 400 but it has a heavy winch bumper and a 12,000 pound warn zeon on the front with skyjacker 8" soft ride springs all around with no sway bar and it rides and drives sweet and I wheel this thing hard , no sag no problems.

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I have two square's with 454s in them with skyjacker soft ride springs ,great ride , no problems. My blazer is a smallblock 400 but it has a heavy winch bumper and a 12,000 pound warn zeon on the front with skyjacker 8" soft ride springs all around with no sway bar and it rides and drives sweet and I wheel this thing hard , no sag no problems.

dang what size meats are you running under that?

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
40 17.50 15 gateway gumbo mudders on 15x14 8 lug bart wheels , I just run them for the lake bed mud . My everyday set up is 16x10 welds with 38 14.50 16 toyo mts.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I am having problems up loading my pic's now , dont know why but here we go. I have had really good luck on a lot of square's with skyjacker springs so thats my go to brand . Never have had tuff country but way back when they first came out they were a super cheap spring and then they sold out and were being made in china , (so I was told) , now they are made in u.s. again and they are supposed to be a good spring now , (so I was told). I have been working on a jeep cj project so I have been looking at summit for a while and I was looking at t.c. springs for it to save money on a lift but they have come up in price. So I may just go with skyjacker or deaver , alcan etc..because tuff countries are really not cheap anymore.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Does anyone have the 4" rough country all spring lift? How rough does it ride? My truck is a 3/4 ton and it already rides pretty rough. It does have add a leafs on it now though.

If it was me I would go with skyjacker and dont run add a leafs in the rear if you want a good ride. If you carry loads in the back still go with soft springs for ride and air bag it , I did this on my crew cab and love it . Also extend the sway bar or pitch in the dumpster , your choice. Then soft hydro shocks or bilstiens .

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
40 17.50 15 gateway gumbo mudders on 15x14 8 lug bart wheels , I just run them for the lake bed mud . My everyday set up is 16x10 welds with 38 14.50 16 toyo mts.

nice I asked because I have 9-10 inches of lift on 35's I've got a rough country 6 with a zero rate up front 4.5 block and add a leafs in back, and 3 inch body lift, looking to run 38's or bigger. I was kinda hoping for 40's but figure if I do I'll need slimmer wheels it's got 15x12's now. Thinking I may need to go with 10's and 12.50's or 13's or something

Cameron84K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 4 inch all spring Rough Country lift on my 84 K10 and while it doesnt ride like a Cadillac its not too bad. In my opinion it does ride a little stiffer then stock but only a hair or two im also young so take that as you will lol.

Tys234

Reaction score
First Name
Tyson
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Alright thanks everybody. I have the same paint job as that blazer

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc

That's rad lookin! :thumbsup:

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
nice I asked because I have 9-10 inches of lift on 35's I've got a rough country 6 with a zero rate up front 4.5 block and add a leafs in back, and 3 inch body lift, looking to run 38's or bigger. I was kinda hoping for 40's but figure if I do I'll need slimmer wheels it's got 15x12's now. Thinking I may need to go with 10's and 12.50's or 13's or something

My blazer had 6' rough countries on it when I got it , I pitched everything off it , shocks , springs , sway bar , all steering and ordered new skyjacker 8" springs all around with hydro shocks. When the springs got here I cut all the centering pins off and got longer ones , then ran them through new one inch blocks all around so I am a 9" lift. This is my off road rig so it gets worked hard and the 40's are to big for off roading , they would hit hard flexed out so I only use them for mud. The 38's are perfect with a nine , my fenders are cut a little and the 38's roll right up in there. The 40's are all good on the street and mud runs but thats all. I also am cross over steering and that makes it drive really nice down the road.

Anyway you may need more lift for 40's if you like to go wheeling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne