350 tbi flooding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
all grounds are there and are good

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
the truck originaly had duel fuel tanks. when i bought it the switch on dash to change tanks was melted and the right tank was missing. i bypassed the switch and removed the tank valve. is there anything to do with that, that could cause any problems? i couldnt find anything on the wire diagram that was monitored by the ecm.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
the truck originaly had duel fuel tanks. when i bought it the switch on dash to change tanks was melted and the right tank was missing. i bypassed the switch and removed the tank valve. is there anything to do with that, that could cause any problems? i couldnt find anything on the wire diagram that was monitored by the ecm.

Naahh, that shouldnt make any difference at all. If anything, you renoved a potential headache...alot of talk and problems with selector valves lately.

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
all grounds are in place and have a good conection

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
i have changed everything except the wireharness. i guess since i have put this much time and money in it i should try to find one and change it also. do you know if any other year or model will work

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
You can get a stand alone harness from Howell EFI, or Painless. But I really hate to see you go through all of that, and end up not fixing the problem.
We need to find out why the ECM is commanding so much fuel.
What does you exhaust system consist of, and what original parts wre re used with the rebild...we already know you changed the cam, and the sensors multiple times.
You have done the ECM pin to sensor check...by any chance, did you check continuity between the ecm pins and the chassis with everything unplugged?
the coolant temp circuit just keeps screaming in my brain.
And just a very helpful suggestion here, if you spend any more money on anything, I recommend an ALDL cable, so you can Datalog, and e- mail the results. This has been a very helpful tool in diagnosing problems. I think retro can get them for $35 + shipping, and IMO, it is a must for any EFI owner to keep around.
I'm not going to give up on this, but unless you find something funky in the CTS or MAP circuit, I think we have hit a roadblock untill we can see what the ECM is commanding, and what signals it is recieving.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Damn dude this is even frustrating me. I thought this would be nailed down by now.

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
the exhaust consists of headers,2 1/4 in. pipe, flowmaster mufflers and 3 in. tailpipes.

i did not check continuity with everything unplugged.

i reused the block, heads, intake and wire harness. the heads and block went to the machine shop and were checked for cracks.

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
if i get an ALDL cable what kind of program do i need or do they come with a program

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Tunerpro RT is free, and widely used in the OBD1 community. It is what I use.
You can hook it up, and drive around while recording everything the system is doing...Monitor Air/Fuel ratio, o2. sensor, Map, CTS, Knock, speedometer,and timing functions....very, very useful.
And, you can save and E mail the log. I look at it myself, and also post it on the EFI Forums for the rest of the tuning geeks to look at, and each add their input as to what may be going on.
we have even picked out a cracked flexplate that the knock sensor was picking up, and making the timing go all screwy.

Last edited:

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
i ordered a cable but it will take a few days to get here.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Tunerpro RT is free, and widely used in the OBD1 community. It is what I use.
You can hook it up, and drive around while recording everything the system is doing...Monitor Air/Fuel ratio, o2. sensor, Map, CTS, Knock, speedometer,and timing functions....very, very useful.
And, you can save and E mail the log. I look at it myself, and also post it on the EFI Forums for the rest of the tuning geeks to look at, and each add their input as to what may be going on.
we have even picked out a cracked flexplate that the knock sensor was picking up, and making the timing go all screwy.

I gotta get in on that **** when I can free up the extra cash, that's wicked. :)

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
i got the cable. installed tunerpro rt. took a while to figure it out but i think i got it. i started it when cold and recorded it. now i have a xdl file with the readings on it. now what do i need to do

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
i got the cable. installed tunerpro rt. took a while to figure it out but i think i got it. i started it when cold and recorded it. now i have a xdl file with the readings on it. now what do i need to do

Go ahaead and post that file here, and I will see if I can pick ou anything specific, and I will also post it on the EFI forum to see what those guys say.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12turnda