2000 camaro ss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Probably have to get the code read at a shop - not sure how else to know.

Had 1 knock sensor go bad a year or to ago and had both replaced along with the connectors.

Too bad - I think they had gotten lazy and I had more oomph before ...

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
When they go bad it turns into a real dog! After it was tuned it really was running great. Knock sensors go out and it stumble and runs real ******. Just my luck get it back then a week later they go out. Oh well. Just when the weather gets nice for a few days it gonna sit in the driveway.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
FAST intake swap while you're there?

Service vehicle light may just be an oil change reminder. Try the following procedure to reset:
Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine turned off.
Push the TRIP/OIL RESET button located on the instrument panel for 12 seconds.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Haven't got fast money but, that is a good idea. Lol. I'll try the reset as you mentioned above. Never heard of that but, will try it. Thanks for the reply crispy.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Neither do it. I was thinking about the BBK aluminum intake, I heard that flows quite well and its cheaper than any FAST. Of course people talk about heat soak but I'm not buying into it, just looking for a little more giddy up.

Let me know how it goes. I think service vehicle light are set by the BCM so you would need a high end scan tool to see whats going on in there.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I gotta stop checking these posts, yall making me miss my 97 Z28

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

Service vehicle light may just be an oil change reminder. Try the following procedure to reset:
Nice thought , but I don't think it will be that simple - sorry .:confused:

You must be registered for see images attach

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

I always just turned the key on engine off and press gas pedal to the floor real quick in 3 seconds to reset oil change lights for GM cars.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
I'm also getting codes for clutch input switch. Which says may just need adjusting the contact to clutch pedal. And one for security system. I don't know what to do about that one. But, sometimes it won't start then I wait about 4 minutes and the security system light in upper right hand side goes out and it starts right up. Maybe that's why I get the service vehicle light coming on. It does have a change oil light too but, it's not staying on. I changed the oil in it Tuesday anyway. That's why I like the square. It doesn't have all this computer **** to **** with.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I'm also getting codes for clutch input switch. Which says may just need adjusting the contact to clutch pedal. And one for security system. I don't know what to do about that one. But, sometimes it won't start then I wait about 4 minutes and the security system light in upper right hand side goes out and it starts right up. Maybe that's why I get the service vehicle light coming on. It does have a change oil light too but, it's not staying on. I changed the oil in it Tuesday anyway. That's why I like the square. It doesn't have all this computer **** to **** with.

VATS system can be a PITA sometimes. I bypassed mine and put tape over the light. I also have a starter kill so I wasnt too concerned over it.

Here is the process:
https://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/how-bypass-your-vats-61262/

If you have another key try that one, sometimes the resistors get worn and can cause a faulty reading.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size

VATS system can be a PITA sometimes. I bypassed mine and put tape over the light. I also have a starter kill so I wasnt too concerned over it.

Here is the process:

If you have another key try that one, sometimes the resistors get worn and can cause a faulty reading.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305

Here is the process:

Thanks Crispy. Added page to bookmarks. The po told me that I might need a new set of keys because they are worn. We'll see.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Looks like Christmas to me!

LOL - still a crappy pic after 3 tries, and I could not really tell thru the phone what I was focused on. Trying, of course, to get the Oil Change Light pictured …

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54