2000 camaro ss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Cleaned it up yesterday and drove it to work today. I'll run out the rest of the old gas tomorrow and Fri so I can filler up with some premium again.

Thought y'all would like to hear and old punch before I got it tuned.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Cleaned it up yesterday and drove it to work today. I'll run out the rest of the old gas tomorrow and Fri so I can filler up with some premium again.

Thought y'all would like to hear and old punch before I got it tuned.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sounds pretty horsepowerful!

My Borla reminds me of a boat at idle - one with an inboard engine and the exhaust dips under water occasionally changing the tone.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Got a $100 Amazon gift card for my birthday so I used it on a 12" Kenwood sub and a vented bow for the SS. Same thing I. Put in the V6 camaro. They came in yesterday. Put them in today.

Fits down in the trunk perfect.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hits harder than the 10 you can see to the left. $120 For sub and box. Good deal to me. Sounds great!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Just filled her up with premium today. She woke right up with that new gas. Kinda running like a dog on that last tank of old gas. Took it for a spin after the fill up on some back country roads where you don't have to worry about cops.

Got it up to 100 at 2800 rpm and it was handling great could take a lot more too. It was vibrating but, not too bad. Steering was tight and it held to the ground great I wasn't getting nervous or nothing just let off a bit and cruised about 85 with no problem. Guess my balls aren't as big as they used to be because it could take more like 125 pretty easy I think. Just didn't do it.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Just filled her up with premium today. She woke right up with that new gas. Kinda running like a dog on that last tank of old gas. Took it for a spin after the fill up on some back country roads where you don't have to worry about cops.

Got it up to 100 at 2800 rpm and it was handling great could take a lot more too. It was vibrating but, not too bad. Steering was tight and it held to the ground great I wasn't getting nervous or nothing just let off a bit and cruised about 85 with no problem. Guess my balls aren't as big as they used to be because it could take more like 125 pretty easy I think. Just didn't do it.

*****. :D

LOL- just jacking with ya.

Mines never been past 135, but I have scared the hell out of a couple of passengers at that speed.

Which, actually, I don't blame- whole nother thing to be a passenger at triple digit speeds.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
*****. :D

Mines never been past 135, but I have scared the hell out of a couple of passengers at that speed.

Which, actually, I don't blame- whole nother thing to be a passenger at triple digit speeds.

How is it at 135?

That's the fastest I've been. But, I was on a motorcycle (crotch rocket)When I was in my 20's. I thought to myself if I wreck I'm dead. Then slowed down but, I don't regret doing it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If a third gen is stable at 145, a fourth gen aught to be too.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

How is it at 135?

That's the fastest I've been. But, I was on a motorcycle (crotch rocket)When I was in my 20's. I thought to myself if I wreck I'm dead. Then slowed down but, I don't regret doing it.

No problem- once on 99 racing a 70's era Corvette with a blower on the hood, and once playing with my buddy in his '00 SS on the way down to a sales meeting in Bay City.

No issues either way. Never had the Balt past 110, I think- as you get older the desire/insanity/balls dissipate, I guess.

Never had Goldie past maybe 75 - not sure how much beyond that she could do, anyhow.

Both the cars are electronically limited to 155 , I believe.

100 plus on/in any vehicle is probably fatal if stuff goes south.

Plus, street racing now is a serious offense.

I like doing 5 MPH over the limit and not being messed by cops- the lazy man's way.:)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Got a $100 Amazon gift card for my birthday so I used it on a 12" Kenwood sub and a vented bow for the SS. Same thing I. Put in the V6 camaro. They came in yesterday. Put them in today.

Fits down in the trunk perfect.

Hits harder than the 10 you can see to the left. $120 For sub and box. Good deal to me. Sounds great!
Probably hits harder mostly due to the position of the sub and how it sends the sound waves against the glass.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Changed the wiper switch today in the Camaro- just as much fun as I thought it would be, but for different reasons.

Yeah, that is kite string I tied to the wiper switch harness and the same first the turn signal switch.

Problems were 21 year old horn contacts under the wheel made of clear plastic.

Yeah - did not hold up well. :oops:

Also, the turn signal cam has a raised cylindrical part that goes up thru a hole in the wheel. There is a black plastic piece on the wires with a stud that twists and holds in that cam cylindrical piece.

Yeah, not so much when the slot for the stud is broken. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah - there was a snap ring holding that black and yellow airbag clockspring.

Did not bring a set of snap ring pliers ...

Fortunately the nice next door neighbor let me borrow his.

Lock plate removal tool - brought it.

Too short - different depth from non air bag units.:mad:

Too little blocks of wood = now correct length.

:nutkick:

Sweated my guts out, but its done.

Wipers work, and park correctly!:waytogo:

Sunuvabitch horn even works, too - from both left and right horn buttons!:D

I think the airbag is holding the broken chit in place ...

Good times.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
I wouldn't even know how to remove the steering wheel. Lol

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I wouldn't even know how to remove the steering wheel. Lol

4 Torx 25s , I believe, from the back. My 99 has the twin horn "buttons" on either side of the wheel.

Your '00 probably has steering wheel radio controls and the whole center pad is the button but I suspect the horn pad comes off the same way.

The wheel requires a 21 mm socket - I used an English one cause I did not have the required 3/4 extension for the metric- and a steering wheel puller which I have.

It is an old cheap POS, but I got one, and it gets used once a decade or so.

:p

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305