2" Tuff Country EZ Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vicnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I am considering this lift for my 1976 K10 build but wanted to know what I would need to add besides the kit. The kit has the front springs, rear blocks, hardware and shocks. Do I need a drop steering arm? Do I need brake line extensions or anything else?

It's difficult to tell how the truck stance was originally. The springs are original and the front of the truck seems a little higher than the back. My preference would be to have a slight rake. Did the truck have a slight rake when it was new? If I replace the rear springs with OEM style and put a 2" block in the back, would I have a slight rake or would it look like it sags in the back like it does now?

Thanks...

Jake_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208
With a 2" lift you will not need a steering arm, but replacing the brake lines with longer ones is always a good idea.

My 84 K20 has a slight rake with the stock suspension.

Jake

vicnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks for the information. I'll look into the brake line extensions.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Replacing your old brake lines is always a good idea- especially because yours are probably still the original ones from 1976.

The front wheel wells are cut higher than the rear ones and can give the appearance that the truck has the rear sagging also. But on the last 2 trucks I lifted I bought a block for the rear that was 1" taller than the lift on the front.

And with slightly bigger tires (I'm assuming you will be buying) might be a good idea to buy a steering box brace. The frame can crack even on stock tire sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512