1990 K5 Jimmy ZERO Rust-130k-Original Paint-Interior-350TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Man, it's too bad this thing has the title issues with as nice as it is!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
1990 K5 Jimmy. 130k, from Texas. It looks like a one owner truck, absolutely ZERO rust! Original paint, but it seems like the top was painted white. Was this done at the dealer when it was new? A few very small door dings, a bent piece of interior trim, a couple cuts in the bumper rub strips, one crack in the middle of the dash.

I bought it near Detroit recently, I was looking for a plow truck and came accross this, but it's way too nice to wreck. So I'm offering it for sale.

It's dead stock except for cat back dual outlet muffler with cheesy chrome tips and muffler shop exhaust hangars.

I drove it from Detroit to Carlisle Pa-Chevy show, then home. I put on about 1000 miles, didn't use a drop of oil. Tires are very old BFG T/As.

I parked the truck in my shop after I got home, so I haven't driven it since. The windows, door locks and tailgate window all work, the driver's seat shows minimal to no wear. I think the cruise works, but of course the AC doesn't. Probably just needs some Freon, I don't think it was converted to 134.

The fellow I bought it from purchased it from a salvage auction as it has been stolen and recovered 11 years prior, and he said he'd only drove it a couple hundred miles in the 11 years he owned it. The radio was stolen, there's a junk one half sticking in the hole now. I'll get some additional pix to show everything. I know all about buying and selling and mis-representations.

Price? Hmmmmmm.... not cheap...

EBay would give me the best exposure... if I don't get and interest here, I'll put it up there mid March or so. I'm thinking mid to hi 5 figures
This seems like it's going to be a hard sale unless you have this paperwork that the previous owner got with it at the auction. Any body that's remotely interested would worry about it being stolen.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
Title was transferred to PO name in Illinois, and he gave me everything, I used it to get a 10 (30?) day driveway last June, but I have misplaced that envelope of docs. Worst case I'll get in touch with PO and get a duplicate copy of the title.

In fact he he was a detective in the police force, dealing with stolen vehicles

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Boy would this ever look amazing with a bunch of cleaning and some detail work!

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
Another month and our deep freeze winter will break, and I'll start to clean it up. It's parked just the way I left it after I got back from picking it up in Detroit last June

The originality and rust free condition are just below a thin layer of road trip crumbs etc.

I don't believe the dash was cut for the radio, but I'll look more carefully when I'm back at my shop in a couple of days.

There's also a bit of plastic slip on wiring covering under the hood. It's easily removed, I don't think it's anything permanent, just slipped over some of the wiring, similar to newer vehicles

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Given the year probably no cutting on the dash. Once they came out with the 89 - 91 models somewhere aloing the way they started putting a 1 1/2 din radio in there and made a larger slot for it along with a properly sized dash bezel to match. At that point it made it possible to put a single din CD or cassette with just using a plastic face plate adapter. Looks like a pretty decently clean rig.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Just curious what is up with the missing rear driveshaft?

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Price? Or did I miss it?

I am curious about the rear d-shaft missing too.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
I didn't specify a price. And I removed the driveshaft because I was having trouble with the differential on my '84 K5 Blazer with a 6.2 diesel that I plow with. I wanted to see how much play there should be in the pinion gear. It turns out my Blazer had broken spider gears. And then I found a U joint on the Jimmy was badly worn. And that's why it's off.

How much is an original paint K5 Jimmy worth? More probably a month ago that it is today. This truck also has a salvage title because it was stolen and recovered 15 or so years ago. But all that was done was the radio and spare tire were taken, the truck didn't suffer any other damage.

And how common is a red red Jimmy? 1 fellow here was interested, but I said make me an offer, he said he doesn't play that game. I guess he wasn't really interested.

At some point I'll put it on eBay, or similar, maybe Hemmings auctions, and that'll determine what it's worth.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
1 fellow here was interested, but I said make me an offer, he said he doesn't play that game. I guess he wasn't really interested.
I wouldn't play that game either. That's what a "seller" says when they don't really wanna sell unless they get a big offer.

How much is a Jimmy with a flawed title worth to you? You obviously have a number in your head that you're not willing to divulge. Hence, the folks not willing to play the game.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
Everybody has a number in their head, but a flawed title doesn't mean anything if you're going to keep the vehicle forever. Personally I don't care if there's a salvage title, because usually when I buy stuff, I buy it to keep forever and what do I care what it's worth when I'm dead? This vehicle also has a good chance of going overseas, and I have no idea what they think about titles like that in Sweden or Japan. I have over 40 vehicles. I'm a totally private collector, I just have a bad habit of looking on eBay and similar auction sites, and my money was burning a hole in my pocket and this thing just looked so good, and here it is in my garage. It was also an opportunity to go on a road trip, and stop at Spring Chevy Hurst Olds Carlisle.

I don't often sell my vehicles, but once in a while some sense gets knocked into my hard head, and I realized that maybe I could use the money for something better, like the light pink 69 Cadillac convertible I was looking at a couple of days ago.

I have a beautiful almost all original 65 Electra 225 4 door hardtop with 50,000 miles, cruise control works, cold AC, everything works. It's not perfect, and a friend of mine overseas is dying to buy it. One day I'll set a price, and maybe he'll bite. If he doesn't, I don't need to sell it.

I have the flawed mindset that I look to see what somebody bought the vehicle for, or how much a dealer paid, and I don't feel like paying them their profit.

I was looking at a 67 Barracuda 340S 4 speed a couple years ago, and the salesman confided of how much the dealership had paid for the car,
and I wasn't going to give him $5,000 profit on a $20,000 vehicle, so I walked away. I regret it, but I would also have regretted giving him a $5,000 profit.

I guess you have to decide how much the car is worth to you... Or if you want to worry about how much the person paid for it.

Another issue is misrepresentation, I can't tell you how many vehicles I buy across the country, and I get there, and there's so many obvious flaws that the dealer or private party either failed to disclose, or totally lied about.

Last year I bought a very original 66 Toronado, it happened to be a Hemmings find of the day. And the private seller was a school principal, and he told me he had NOS resonators which are almost impossible to find, and when the car arrived the resonators were totally original, rusted, and there was several inches of water in the trunk! All I did is pull the plug in the trunk and the water drained out, and I posted a video on YouTube. And he says he had no idea. How could you have no idea when there's so much water in the trunk and it's causing rust all over the place from being in there for months??? I can't believe such ignorance. He was obviously lying lying lying. But the car ultimately drove to Chicago and back beautifully, about 2,000 miles... and to rant on further, both front windows would barely go up and down, several hours of greasing and tinkering, and they work like butter. The seller never mentioned this whatsoever, and what are you supposed to do? Ask him 101 questions? And I've hired people to go look at vehicles in the past, and that's just a total waste of money as well. Maybe because I was cheap and I hired the wrong guy.

Getting back to my K5 Jimmy, when I deliver this vehicle, all the little knick-knack things will be working perfectly, and the vehicle will be cleaned and operating properly. And that's worth something.

Last year there was a late 70s K5 Blazer on eBay for $70,000, it looked like a million dollars, and the undercarriage views revealed rolled out brake lines, and tons of black undercoating. I questioned the dealer, he said it was freshened up. Very likely a rusted piece of junk, and $70,000?

And if you want to look in my head, I was figuring at least $15,000, and a couple people have looked at the truck and said once some little details are ironed out, it may be in the mid-20s. I know about the salvage title, but like I said, if you're going to keep this thing forever, who cares?

I detect a note of arrogance in my typing, but I am a true car collector, I just operate on US greenbacks, like most people here. Maybe I'm just more upfront or forward than other people, but once you get to know me, I'm pretty well-liked by and large in whatever I do

Once I'm typing forever and ever, thoughts of vehicles that are for sale, for argument's sake $50,000, and the person says they have 75,000 in the restoration, plus the cost of the vehicle? It makes you wonder. And I've gone to many many car shows and auctions in all parts of the country over the years, and I seen some pretty junk vehicle sell for pretty inflated prices.

When and if someone's interested in this vehicle, you're not buying my personality, you don't have to live with me. And I can make anybody that wants a video that I can put on YouTube or send by WhatsApp, and it could be 10 minutes long or an hour long. I can do a live video feed so whoever's interested can look at the vehicle and any detail they want. So no traveling across the country or overseas only to be disappointed.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Most buyers have a budget they are limited to. Most sellers don't like tire kickers. Most buyers know that sellers don't like tire kickers and don't want to be a tire kicker themselves. Most sellers don't like lowball offers. People often value something very differently than someone else does. A person's best offer that fits their budget may be a lowball offer in the seller's eyes.

I think it's obvious where I'm going with this... There's a bunch of different reasons that people are just going to walk away if there's no asking price. It's not worth the frustration and hassle when they can just keep shopping, only inquiring about the ones they can afford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad