1985 Silverado K30 w/454 correct a/c compressor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I'm trying to find out what compressor was used on the 1985 K30's 1ton 4x4. All the info I come up with is that it could have had the R4, Da6 I think and the A6. I have all the brackets for the A6 but trying to find the correct a/c manifold hose from compressor to dryer/condensor is being a challenge not knowing what compressor was used. My truck is an 84 K20 that originally came with the 350 engine and R4 compressor. It now has the 454 with a Sanden retrofit compressor that works terrible too much high side pressure. I have r12 or 134a freon and will flush out the evap and cond, replace the dryer. I want it to look factory original what ever way or compressor used just need the info.
Does anyone have any info on the new design A6 aluminum compressor that is supposed to be a bolt in with the OEM brackets?
thanks for the help.
chuck

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Excessive high pressure is a lack of cooling on the high pressure side of the system, i.e. poor air flow over the condenser, internal condenser issue, blockage, or an over charge, not a compressor problem.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
It's an A6 for an '85 if the production date is before 1/1/85. Once my new engine gets installed, I'll be working on the A/C. I'm going to switch to a Four Seasons 58096 (Standard thread). It's the Sanden style set up to fit OEM brackets. Hopefully it will work well.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is not my truck, but is the correct 1985 A6 set up.

1/1/85 and later production through end of 1986 model should like like this with a Da6.

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
that is the style of hose I'm looking for. what year did this come on? my original r4 had the 2 tubes that went across the top of radiator. On the correct 1985 top pic you sent, do you know what ac hose is used, part no?? I see only one tube going across the top of radiator and the other looks like its going under the radiator. Thats the setup I'm looking for if I can just fine the right manifold hose. I have three new ones and none seem to have the right bends but I wasnt looking for one of the hoses to go under the radiator if in fact it does. I'm going for the oem look dont want to mock up and have one made. Is the 4 seasons the newer aluminum A6? I've tried everything to get the sanden on mine to work properly. Wasted a lot of freon back then. Everything was either flushed or replaced, evacuated for hours to make sure of moisture, new dryer proper oil in each component and still have 4-500 psi on high side. cools fine around town but dont dare turn it on freeway, after a few cycles it will just about lock up and burn the belt off.

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
forgot to mention I would like to use the A6 because I have all new OEM brackets, wish I had the correct bolt kit to go with it. Do you know where I can get the correct oem bolts for the setup? thanks again very helpfull with that pre jan 85 pic. thanks

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
the ac delco site shows a 15-3925 that I can see one hose might go under the radiator but no longer available. I have a ac delco15-3457, a HA-5732c and a HA-9508c and non look close but if one hose goes under the radiator that changes things need to look again.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
thanks for the welcome!! In looking closer, I see that one hose goes across the radiator and the other across top of engine. I thought that maybe it went underneath but dont know how I got that Idea?? I'm tyring to print a pic of the 1-85 A6 setup pic but cannot. Hey Craig can you send it to me in a link or other?
On the correct manifold hose, I think it takes the global parts # gpd 4811315 hose which is still available. It has the long aluminim pipe that goes across the radiator the rest of 3 of what I have don't. can you check it out for me somehow? thank you,
chuck

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
It's an A6 for an '85 if the production date is before 1/1/85. Once my new engine gets installed, I'll be working on the A/C. I'm going to switch to a Four Seasons 58096 (Standard thread). It's the Sanden style set up to fit OEM brackets. Hopefully it will work well.

1/1/85 and later production through end of 1986 model should like like this with a Da6.

on the top pic w/A6, does condensor have two connections on the passanger side? mine does. its a new ac delco condensor about 10yrs old now. I understand that the new ones are smaller and need to be 'fitted' to the vehicle.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Chuck that first photo is one that's stored on my computer. If you pm me your email, I can send it that way. The Four Seasons is the Sanden style A6 replacement. Rock auto has some good photos of it. They make standard and metric thread versions, I'm assuming at this point mine is standard, but I haven't confirmed yet.

Here are pictures of my set up. I hope it helps. The compressor in the pictures is not clocked correctly. It should be rotated 90 degrees. I did not find any part numbers on the hoses, just the diameter sizes. The under the hood picture is the only decent one I have for now. My truck has been in the shop the past 4 months getting a new engine installed and it's still torn apart.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Group 2 pictures.

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
thanks for the pic's craig, very helpfull!! could you look up a gpd 4811315 manifold hose sold by global parts it shows on rockauto to be the correct hose?? Does it look like yours? I think so..
I'm at:
[email protected]

Chugalugg

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
thanks for the pic's craig, very helpfull!! could you look up a gpd 4811315 manifold hose sold by global parts it shows on rockauto to be the correct hose?? Does it look like yours? I think so..
I'm at:
[email protected]
for a 1985 K30 w/454 A6 compressor, might even fit the 6.2 diesel option on 1 ton trucks?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C30vet