1981 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-o81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Also the truck is legit. Last time it was registered and on the road was in 2006 registered to me Steven Thomilson at my old address 1202 Pequeno Lane
Fenton Missouri
63026. Have your brother in law look it up buddy. And Fenton is in Saint Louis County. The truck is all original paint and body. I’ve got no secrets.

Steve-o81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I might someday get another 1981 Silverado once I move. I love the stock ride with a hopped up 4 barrel drivetrain. There’s nothing like it. In the meantime I just hope we can all cool it and get along as friends on this forum. I’m here to learn and help others that’s all.

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Definitely an interesting story. I be damned if some ******* would move into my neighborhood and run me off.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Definitely an interesting story. I be damned if some ******* would move into my neighborhood and run me off.

I agree. VERY INTERESTING STORY LINE, he's full of BOLOGNA in my opinion.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Also the truck is legit. Last time it was registered and on the road was in 2006 registered to me Steven Thomilson at my old address 1202 Pequeno Lane
Fenton Missouri
63026. Have your brother in law look it up buddy. And Fenton is in Saint Louis County. The truck is all original paint and body. I’ve got no secrets.

I believe I will. Your so full of crap it's pitiful.

Steve-o81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
With the epa they don’t make paint like that anymore. Original paint and body no rust I believe fully justifies my old $10k asking price. And with the boom on trucks and dumb baby boomers market wise i beloved the asking price. You can’t duplicate the paint the epa screwed that.

Steve-o81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I’m sorry I left that epa paint thing out but you guys should have figured that out on your own. It’s a no brainer.

Steve-o81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
This is a photo of the title which is no longer mine with the vin as proof plus a photo of the cab corner to show its original.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh boy...

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You calling the paint on my truck "******"? Well I'll have to agree with you. It was like that when I got it and has been painted on a couple times. But still wouldn't give much for a non roller no mater what condition it would be in.
Not meant to be offensive. Figured you wouldn’t be.
And not a dig, but more an observation in that a pristine, clean body, if it doesn’t need paint is worth much more…to someone who cares about the paint. If you don’t then, no, it’s just some sheet metal that’s not rusty.
Think bout it this way. Guy has a truck that’s rusted and paint is bad and wants to restore it. Pays 1000 for a straight bed , few hundo more for misc sheetmetal. Spends 100 hours doing bodywork and patch panels and 2 grand for a cheapo paint job when he’s done. $3k bolt n go sounds pretty good.
$3k sounds like a lot of money as well to someone who’s just trying to get back n forth to work and has their truck parked out under a tree getting crapped on by birds and sap and rain…
All depends what someone wants out of the deal.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
WOW, Why would you put a pic of a title, any title for that manner, on a website?........lotsa guys even blur the license plate.........run it @custodian

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is a photo of the title which is no longer mine with the vin as proof plus a photo of the cab corner to show its original.

Roflmao!
So you are full of ****…lol.
Or I suppose you’ll say that the chitty black paint job that I identified from a photo on my iPhone months ago is actually custom factory over that copper colored cab floor and door…
Buddy I think your “neighbor” is “you.” Sorry man….”

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
WOW, Why would you put a pic of a title, any title for that manner, on a website?........lotsa guys even blur the license plate.........run it @custodian
Consider the source…not even enough functioning grey matter to not post a pic busting his original paint claim!

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Not meant to be offensive. Figured you wouldn’t be.
And not a dig, but more an observation in that a pristine, clean body, if it doesn’t need paint is worth much more…to someone who cares about the paint. If you don’t then, no, it’s just some sheet metal that’s not rusty.
Think bout it this way. Guy has a truck that’s rusted and paint is bad and wants to restore it. Pays 1000 for a straight bed , few hundo more for misc sheetmetal. Spends 100 hours doing bodywork and patch panels and 2 grand for a cheapo paint job when he’s done. $3k bolt n go sounds pretty good.
$3k sounds like a lot of money as well to someone who’s just trying to get back n forth to work and has their truck parked out under a tree getting crapped on by birds and sap and rain…
All depends what someone wants out of the deal.

You were not offensive.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
Roflmao!
So you are full of ****…lol.
Or I suppose you’ll say that the chitty black paint job that I identified from a photo on my iPhone months ago is actually custom factory over that copper colored cab floor and door…
Buddy I think your “neighbor” is “you.” Sorry man….”

I agree, he, is the neighbor he described. If you look closer, the truck was originally an Illinois truck, and I'll say it again, he's full of crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84