1981 k30 crew cab dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kendall

Reaction score
First Name
kendall
Truck Year
Truck Model
chevy k30 crew cab dually
Engine Size
454 big block
My name is Kendall and i recently bought a 1981 crewcab dually k30 I am 15 fixing to turn 16 on the 13th and i have big plans on the truck but for now i have to cover the essentials such as a new clutch kit, gas tank, and new tires i am also new to this website so sorry if stuff is not posted correctly.

You must be registered for see images attach

perryis5150

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Welcome. Glad to see a young guy interested in these trucks. Looks in pretty good shape as well.

kendall

Reaction score
First Name
kendall
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 big block
Its in actually really good shape the interior needs some work but i have been working and doin as much as i can to get her fixed up and all my paychecks go into her lol... random question but does this website have a mobile app? or can i access this website and reply to people on my phone?

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome and awesome looking truck!
If you don’t like hood ornaments and want to pad your truck fund a bit, I might take it off your hands...

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Oh man, that is exactly the kind of truck I've been looking for. Great find, they are getting more and more rare to find K30 Crew Cabs. Yes I believe you can use tapatalk mobile app for this forum.

kendall

Reaction score
First Name
kendall
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 big block
im not sure how to tag people or reply to a certain comment but gritdog they are a gmc hood ornament so i dont know if you would still want it but just let me know i plan on buying a chevy one anyways sometime and thank you bextreme04 i will try to use my phone when i get home!

kendall

Reaction score
First Name
kendall
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 big block
Also does anyone know where to get some used tires the size is 235 85 r16 i will be willing to pay but i have to get the truck inspected and the tires have some dryrot spots so i need to get tires but are out of my budget for now lol so it just sits...

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Also does anyone know where to get some used tires the size is 235 85 r16 i will be willing to pay but i have to get the truck inspected and the tires have some dryrot spots so i need to get tires but are out of my budget for now lol so it just sits...

You can either quote someone's previous post or use the @ symbol before typing someones name to tag that person. When you start typing after the @ symbol it will pop up a list of usernames that match what you have typed already.

Sometimes you can find a local junkyard or tire store that gets used tires from newer wrecked vehicles for a huge discount. I would try searching locally for something like that or just start browsing facebook marketplace and craigslist locally. Don't waste your money on something with almost no tread. Also learn how to read the date code on the tires and dont buy anything more that 6 or 7 years old.

kendall

Reaction score
First Name
kendall
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 big block
@Bextreme04 ahhhh i got it now thank ya sir that helps a lot and i will go to some local junk yards but in the future i plan on getting some all terains not sure what kind yet but just kinda in the back of my mind but i dont have about a extra grand to drop on the truck right now lol

Babs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet CUCV
Engine Size
:welcome: nice truck

kendall

Reaction score
First Name
kendall
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 big block
@Babs Thank you sir she is a beauty just cant wait till i can driver her

crpntr78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome fellow Missourian.:) Nice truck. Love the stance.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!

Welcome to our home Kendall, we really appreciate young men like you.

Regarding used tires.. rear tires on a dually...
I'm not sure about this but what I seem to be seeing are potential balance issues with used rubber on dual wheel applications. Now I have years
of experience with used tires! And almost ten years dealing with a dually and trying different tire combinations. I'm finding that used tires, balanced or not, seem to cause harmonic type of vibrations. I've been through a few sets of used tires and the vibrations always return after a few miles. I finally bought new tires and I am finally free of the hum bum hum.

Just something to think about..

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Welcome Kendall!!!

Beautiful truck you have there, they sure are fun. Can be some work, but a LOT of fun!

I learned early on from fellow Hot Rodders when I was doing my first hot rod (51 Ford Truck), that get all the mechanical stuff in safe working condition. Cosmetic stuff can come later. I made the mistake of digging in above my head, and had to just put the damned thing back together and do the important stuff.

Sounds like you are on the right track! Get it road worthy and have some fun with it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave