Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
@bucket

I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find the thread in question. About that sexy crew cab of yours, so i know what i can get away with: what kind of a lift do you have on that rig and what size tires are you running? (the set before the Humvee tires) Me and my brother are in the planning stages of how we intend to lift the '74 most efficiently and like i said, how much we can get away with haha. Truck is a K30, has Dana 44 in front and Dana 70 in the rear. The plan is an Offroad Design 4" lift, along with other structural supports like the steering box bracket (which is heavily needed thanks to PO). Most likely just a shackle flip in the rear we think, in order to keep the beefy factory springs, and new springs in the front. Unless of course that sounds ridiculous, that's why i'm asking you; haven't done too many lifts in the past and i know you pulled it off. Thanks Andy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
@bucket

I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find the thread in question. About that sexy crew cab of yours, so i know what i can get away with: what kind of a lift do you have on that rig and what size tires are you running? (the set before the Humvee tires) Me and my brother are in the planning stages of how we intend to lift the '74 most efficiently and like i said, how much we can get away with haha. Truck is a K30, has Dana 44 in front and Dana 70 in the rear. The plan is an Offroad Design 4" lift, along with other structural supports like the steering box bracket (which is heavily needed thanks to PO). Most likely just a shackle flip in the rear we think, in order to keep the beefy factory springs, and new springs in the front. Unless of course that sounds ridiculous, that's why i'm asking you; haven't done too many lifts in the past and i know you pulled it off. Thanks Andy.

Do you know what year your frame is? I can't remember if that was already determined. K30's didn't get the taller rear spring hangers right away, the early years used C30 hangers and lift blocks. By the time my '79 was built, they were using the taller spring hangers.

My combo is simple. Up front is 4" Superlift springs and out back is 3" lift blocks. I'm not fond of the lift block for the steering arm, but it was there already and it works. The truck rides nice and the rear blocks keep the auxiliary overload springs functional.

Tires are bias ply 9.00x16. The rears have a spacer between the rims for tire clearance. Actual O.D. is about 36".

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Do you know what year your frame is? I can't remember if that was already determined. K30's didn't get the taller rear spring hangers right away, the early years used C30 hangers and lift blocks. By the time my '79 was built, they were using the taller spring hangers.

My combo is simple. Up front is 4" Superlift springs and out back is 3" lift blocks. I'm not fond of the lift block for the steering arm, but it was there already and it works. The truck rides nice and the rear blocks keep the auxiliary overload springs functional.

Tires are bias ply 9.00x16. The rears have a spacer between the rims for tire clearance. Actual O.D. is about 36".

Thanks for the input. i think the frame is '74 due to numbers punched on it. Which would have made it C30, but we have reason to believe someone had their way with it during the first restoration and swapped it all to 4wd with parts from late 70s. I'm going to take more pictures of what we're looking at to figure this out. And what size are your spacers on the rear axle?

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
@bucket

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ah, ok. Yeah that looks like a converted frame. The rear spring hangers look like C30 units, but the rear shackle hangers installed look like K30 units.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Also the front leaf spring hangers and supports are bolted in and not rivets. The shackle on the front spring also looks a little off.

Sweet truck and looks in awesome shape for the year. All the ones around here are toast and have been well overworked.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Anyone know the sizes or even a part/kit number for exhaust manifold stud/bolts on a '74 454? Mine are rusted nubs and i'm going to need a good backup for when disaster occurs. Thanks.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Dorman/Help offers various stud kits with brass nuts. You can use original 3/8" type or if the threads in the manifold wind up being a bit on the buggered up side of things, you can tap for 10mm studs.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
FUEL LINES! Fuel lines have been all replaced with rubber hose in the past, and now breaks to the touch from sitting. Looked into LMC to get some original lines, STANDARD AND CREW CAB are the same category? Do they not account for the extra cab? Cannot be the same. What am i missing here, and where could i get some good pre-bent oe-esque fuel lines? Thanks gentleman.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400