1968 Buick Skylark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragndually

Reaction score
trux

I have about 1200 bux in the savage you guys saw a pic of. I sold the "big block" for an electric conversion. You guys need to youtube Savage Flux, and look at that truck and the power it has. You need to watch the video with a red headed guy, I think it is username: hpieurope, or something. That truck is badass! I will have the same motor in mine, but will be stronger and more durable. Granted, the batteries you have to use are lithium polymer, and they need a specific charger to charge them, they are a day and night difference from the old nicd or nimh batteries. But yes, this is an expensive hobby. The good thing is you can find used trucks for next to nothing these days, cause ppl dont have patience for tedious work hardly anymore! But my advice to anyone before you buy......RESEARCH. Do your homework, there are some companies out there that sell parts and guarantee that you cannot break or bend them. I find those companies and then TRY to prove them wrong! Billy

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I spend a LOT of time in the toy section at Target due to my almost 4 year old :lol:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Dragon, have you tried moding your own nitro motor yet? I got a cheap OS RG .21 when they still sold the RG. A buddy and I were experimenting with cheap and used motors, In my RG I polished everything inside the engine with a dremel and aluminum wheel polish. Next i knife edged the crank a tiney bit and but it all together with one of those huge polished mutant heads. Everything worked great, I got more power, it ran cooler and used a little less fuel. The power gain was plenty enough to notice.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Quite a hobby. I watched a couple those video's. I didn't find the one you suggested though. On this forum, its not against the rules to link to other sites. One of the many great things about this place, so if you find that video, go ahead and post a link in your post here. If you know how, you can also imbed the video as a pic too.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I thought my hobbies were expensive. My wife would kick me in the nuts if I had a hobby like this. She'd view as just playing with toys and question every dollar I spent on it :) Luckily she has just a very vague idea of the amount of money that's been dropped on the truck hobby :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Its a fact, fun hobbies are not cheap. It amazes me when I go to buy parts my ATV. It ridiculous, I can buy brake shoes for my 14b FF rear end cheaper than I can pads for my ATV.

I still want a motorlcyle to save on gas, but I realized, the money I'd save in gas would be ate in maintaining the bike. Tires are expensive and don't last long, etc. Of course I am taking into the account of another vehicle to insure too. I'll just stick my cheap azz squares. That hobby pays for itself in time buying and selling the right parts, not to mention, it also fixes a need for transportation as well as wants.

dragndually

Reaction score
trux

Dragon, have you tried moding your own nitro motor yet? I got a cheap OS RG .21 when they still sold the RG. A buddy and I were experimenting with cheap and used motors, In my RG I polished everything inside the engine with a dremel and aluminum wheel polish. Next i knife edged the crank a tiney bit and but it all together with one of those huge polished mutant heads. Everything worked great, I got more power, it ran cooler and used a little less fuel. The power gain was plenty enough to notice.

I never really got into that, because if I pay $300 for a nitro engine, it BETTER ******* RUN GOOD!LOL I always had the want for the picco .26 but would rather have a chance to be ableto have all the bottom end that I want. So brushless Mamba setup here we come! Yeah , my wife doesnt know how much this stuff really costs either! It helps that my son has a $300 r/c truck from last Christmas!

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Do want now

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Those li-po brush-less systems are insane!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
GOOD STUFF! I used to have on of those traxass trucks. Sold it and obut a heli.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Looks like he sold a rc truck and bought a helicopter

dragndually

Reaction score
wheels

Hey guys was trying to post some wheels for sale maybe I don't have the post count or sumthin? They are 2 15x10 3.5" bs convo pros 5on5 pattern.
I only want 50 bux for them.

Attachments

• CONVO PICS 003.jpg
    CONVO PICS 003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 127

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1