Show Us Your Man Cave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, the piss ant concrete guy decided to pour my slab in a torrential downpour yesterday and it looks like hammered dog **** to say the least. Currently trying to find a solution to the problem.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
He should rip it out and replace it on his dime. All that water dropping on it compromised the strength. Concrete needs minimal water, more water just means it's weak and won't last. If the rain happened after it set up, then it wouldn't be such a big deal. But having a down pour on fresh concrete is not a good thing. Did he at least cover it with plastic to keep the water from hitting it? If not, tear out and replace is the stance I would take. Call other concrete contractor's and find out what they recommend too.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
He should rip it out and replace it on his dime. All that water dropping on it compromised the strength. Concrete needs minimal water, more water just means it's weak and won't last. If the rain happened after it set up, then it wouldn't be such a big deal. But having a down pour on fresh concrete is not a good thing. Did he at least cover it with plastic to keep the water from hitting it? If not, tear out and replace is the stance I would take. Call other concrete contractor's and find out what they recommend too.

That wormy piece of **** bailed yesterday and I haven't been able to get ahold of him since. I don't have another $5k for concrete.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It hasn't quit raining since yesterday. I highly doubt the top is cured. I'm sure it's ruined.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
That's bulls*** if he did that. He should know better. Maybe he just doesn't give a crap. You know not to use him again for concrete work.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's bulls*** if he did that. He should know better. Maybe he just doesn't give a crap. You know not to use him again for concrete work.

I have never sued anybody before, but the longer I stare at this $5k rock in my yard, the more pissed I get. It's ********.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I have never sued anybody before, but the longer I stare at this $5k rock in my yard, the more pissed I get. It's ********.

I don't endorse physical violence but my Father used to put peoples heads in toilet bowls until they paid up! And it worked but that was before cops had digital radios too haha

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't endorse physical violence but my Father used to put peoples heads in toilet bowls until they paid up! And it worked but that was before cops had digital radios too haha

I have a guy coming tomorrow to see if it's salvageable. If it's trash I will go from there. I have never been a fan of lawsuits, but if he refuses to make it right I will make sure I get my money back.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

Just need to go to small claims court and prove that the correct way to pour concrete is to tarp it if it rains and then prove that he never tarped it and that you didn't know any better until after the fact. Odds are he wont even show and if that's the case you win with out even having too argue your case. But it is a very simple case to prove.

Small claims court is virtually free and you don't need to hire legal counsel, you can represent your self. It just depends on how much you are claiming in damages that determines whether or not you can use small claims court

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just need to go to small claims court and prove that the correct way to pour concrete is to tarp it if it rains and then prove that he never tarped it and that you didn't know any better until after the fact. Odds are he wont even show and if that's the case you win with out even having too argue your case. But it is a very simple case to prove.

Small claims court is virtually free and you don't need to hire legal counsel, you can represent your self. It just depends on how much you are claiming in damages that determines whether or not you can use small claims court

I have $5000 in it, but it would cost a fortune to have it torn out a redone. I will see what this guy says tomorrow but I doubt it's salvageable. My biggest problem is, this is a guy that works for a concrete outfit, but he did it on the side. I can sue him to death but he doesn't have any money to pay me and I don't know that I want him back to try to do it again.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
That sucks! The mason poured my slab off level. I was too you g and in a hurry to have my shop to really notice how off it was. Now I look at it and think about how I should have made him rip it out and do it over. Oh and make it bigger!!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Isn't that just beautiful! OY! What's the verdict?

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have $5000 in it, but it would cost a fortune to have it torn out a redone. I will see what this guy says tomorrow but I doubt it's salvageable. My biggest problem is, this is a guy that works for a concrete outfit, but he did it on the side. I can sue him to death but he doesn't have any money to pay me and I don't know that I want him back to try to do it again.

Small claims you can sue for the costs incurred and any extra expenses which may occur. Bring in a 3rd party contractor or two to give a you a quote on what it would cost to rip it up and redo it. Take that quote/estimate with you when you sue for the 5k and if it will cost 10k to fix you sue for 15k to cover all your costs.

None of this should be coming out of your pocket as you also incur the costs to file the paperwork and such into the costs to sue.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Small claims you can sue for the costs incurred and any extra expenses which may occur. Bring in a 3rd party contractor or two to give a you a quote on what it would cost to rip it up and redo it. Take that quote/estimate with you when you sue for the 5k and if it will cost 10k to fix you sue for 15k to cover all your costs.

None of this should be coming out of your pocket as you also incur the costs to file the paperwork and such into the costs to sue.

You should really check into the small claims rules for OK. Every state is a little different although most have a hard cap. It doesn't matter what it would cost in most cases to redo the work, you would only be able to sue up to the cap in small claims. If it is over that cap you would have take it to superior court. At that level, both parties may bring in lawyers though. In both cases the loser can get dinged for the winners legal fees.

The other danger is that you win and he just closes his business and reopens as a new business. It happens all the time to dodge judgements.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonanza 77