Show Us Your Man Cave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I agree, forget about the *******. That's close enough to house. BUT, the handsink is what I'd be after. I suggested this to one guy, and he did it. A commercial mop floor sink. Usually made of the same hard plastic that commercial mop buckets are made of. So he had a small room with a stainless sink, and the commercial mop sink in a corner and used like bathroom waterproof wallboard, sometimes called Marlite. Reason being, you can hang a shower curtain around the mop sink that drops just inside the sink. This way if you're all funked up in nasty mud or grease from outside, then you can take a quick shower out there and not funk up the indoor shower. The sink also comes in handy for scrubbing bigger parts. Not sure how rural you are, but he was even able to just pipe the drain to the outside about 3 foot away from the building to a lower area or made a small ditch to run the drainwater away from the building. It's just gray water drainage as in hand washes, showers and scrubbing and rinsing parts, like wet sanding and rinsing, maybe some oven cleaner at worst but it would be very diluted and no huge reason to be piped into your septic system as if your going to be floating turds to the outside of your building. Though if I was pretty busy or nasty dirty and didn't want to go in the house, and had to take a piss, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to aim for the drain in the floor sink and piss in it either.

http://www.amazon.com/24-Mop-Servic...qid=1432076689&sr=8-1&keywords=Floor+Mop+Sink

That's a good idea. I'm going to go ahead a plumb for a ******* and sink and just cap it off for when I decide to do it. My plumber said he would come do it for $50 before I poor the slab, so when I decide to pull the trigger I just have to run lines to the sewer. Best part is, before my house was built, there used to be trailer houses here, and there is a sewer line that runs right through the back yard that's not used anymore. No zoning or codes except state regs in my town, and being as how I'm the mayor, I don't think I will catch any grief tapping into it.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I wonder how @Mr Clean is coming on his shop.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Good question. Maybe it's built and @MrClean spends all his time in it now without a computer out there yet. You know he lives in a house with a wife and all daughters (grown so they come and go in between bf's and husbands like my daughter does) so when he escapes, he really escapes. :happy175:

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
Here's how we're motivating my roommate to get his s10 project out of the garage...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• update44.jpg
    update44.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 121

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just 25 feet or so out the back door. It's not so much the commode I'm after, but a sink would be nice. I always said that if I ever built a shop it was going to have heated floors. But not sure that's going to happen now either.

When whoever built my shop had it done they did not put in a sink. I can't figure out why. There is already water right outside the door but they did not go ahead and add water to the inside of the building. Really wish they had before the concrete was poured. I could use one.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It finally quit raining. My slab is supposed to be poured Tuesday, the building should be up by sunday. Just finished painting the old man cave pink for the nursery. Hot damn I hate to paint.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Skweegle.....I'm super jealous LOL. Gotta show some pics. Are you putting any support for an engine lift in the ceiling?

deviant

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Bonanza
Engine Size
I have one of those "sort of" two car garages. I have to do space swaps to work on stuff. Right now, the truck is getting worked on outside since it's a daily runner...

You must be registered for see images

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
So here is my shop/cave.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 143

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Pic 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 112

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Pic 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 111

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Mine is really poor, but works ok. It is more of a mess now with another table in the middle for working on audio equipment, but overall the same. Camaro fell on the background as currently trying to get all the daily runners finished.(A lot of minor projects)
You must be registered for see images attach

Built a new shed on the side to hold all the yard stuff and spare parts. Don't actually have a picture of it when finished, but it is same color as the house

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Skweegle.....I'm super jealous LOL. Gotta show some pics. Are you putting any support for an engine lift in the ceiling?

No lift in the ceiling. It would be nice, but right now I'm just concerned with having a place with doors tall enough to get my truck in. Damn thing won't fit in the garage anymore. If the rain holds off I will get some pics up this weekend.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Uhh Ohh, Got some Boyz with some Toyz !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonanza 77