Z-bar return springs on a C-10 with the SM465

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 "Big 10"
Engine Size
350 4-bolt
Hey all. I have a 78 I'm reviving, and one thing I need (it's actually one of the reasons it got parked 14 years ago) is the long spring that goes from the clutch fork to what appears to be the z-bar (mine is broken, so I'm not sure). I can get that one from here:

I see there's a second spring off the z-bar, and I'm guessing that even though it's not broken, it's probably weak and needs replacing while I'm under there. Can someone tell me what that second spring is called and/or shoot me a link where I can order one?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm not sure what it would be called either. Clutch rod spring? Perhaps @AuroraGirl knows off hand what the manual calls it.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I'm not sure what it would be called either. Clutch rod spring? Perhaps @AuroraGirl knows off hand what the manual calls it.
That’s an excellent question

I can try ad see but sadly not off top of head

matt4426

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
I'm currently doing a 4 speed trans swap right now too. There are two springs on the clutch fork

Large spring - goes from small square bracket on bottom outboard end of clutch fork forward to hole in frame under driver side shock mount. It keeps the clutch fork pulled forward.

Small spring - goes from small hole on top of clutch fork to the bottom hole on Z-bar next to the adjustable push rod. It keeps the small adjustable rod from falling out of the Z-bar

I found alot of the linkage parts at USA1 truck parts and 4 speed conversions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128