WTB Shifter *** Thread Closed *** Shifter Aquired.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
I'm swapping a 4L80E and could use a notched shifter, so it doesn't slip out of gear on dirt raods.
Doesn't have to be show quality, just function without major rebuild or fitment issues.

I'm planning on installing the Sonnax late model short shaft, which will allow for the shift cable to mate with a transmission cover mount.

B&M or any other brand would work, reverse lock-out preferred.
Pedastal would also be cool.
If you have either, please email me with best price, please.

1STLS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MIchael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a B&M Start Shifter that was in a truck I dismantled and is in storage. The issue is, the company web site states it's for a 3 speed transmission, it was attached to a 700R4 in the truck.. that didn't shift right.
Let me know if your interested, It may be more hassle than it's worth

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got a Lokar floor mount shifter for a 4 speed. Has it in my El Camino with a 700r4. Yes, it's got a short shift lever but it is interchangeable if you decide to make it permanent.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
SquareRoot, How's the Lokar with slipping out of gear on a trail?
That unit is linkage or cable drive?

I'm concerned the long handle floor Lokar without a lock-out would slip into nuetral or god forbid reverse, with the dirt roads here.
This country is very rocky and the ditches are bad on the city roads as well.

Crap falling in my cab full of tools and my belongings could hit the stick... knock it out of gear?
Hit the brakes fast and my cases go flying, one bang into reverse and I'm blown again, is my only concern.

Wish there was a way to lock it from Reverse, because I like the style of Lokar.
Do you think a lock out can be fabricated on the floor mounting plate, to make it lock?

Got pics?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
SquareRoot, How's the Lokar with slipping out of gear on a trail?
That unit is linkage or cable drive?

I'm concerned the long handle floor Lokar without a lock-out would slip into nuetral or god forbid reverse, with the dirt roads here.
This country is very rocky and the ditches are bad on the city roads as well.

Crap falling in my cab full of tools and my belongings could hit the stick... knock it out of gear?
Hit the brakes fast and my cases go flying, one bang into reverse and I'm blown again, is my only concern.

Wish there was a way to lock it from Reverse, because I like the style of Lokar.
Do you think a lock out can be fabricated on the floor mounting plate, to make it lock?

Got pics?
It's impossible for it to slip out of gear. You have to depress the button in the top of the knob to move the shifter from any position. The linkage is a single lever with a threaded rod and heim joints on the ends. It's very precise and has zero flex. Attached photo shows it with the trans mount-Mine mounts to the floor and has an 8 inch long straight handle.

Attachments

• Lokar.JPG
    Lokar.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Lokar Flr Mt.JPG
    Lokar Flr Mt.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 22
  • Lokar Shift Lever.JPG
    Lokar Shift Lever.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Cool.
The Gold Standard of Shifters.

Have to ask Lokar what I'd need to extend the linkage for the 4L80E vs the 700R4.

See they cross over (in theory), and they ask you to order with the transmission code included in the order.
Some of the parts kits do not include the 4L80E and they do include the TH400 and the 700R4?

They also tag each version with the transmission code included.
No real details on what, if anything is different between the kits.
Secret Sauce?

Not sure I'm allowed stuff that nice, SquareRoot.
You guys are awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod